Storage Solutions Looking for SSD as OS Drive

Mr.J

Skilled
Hey guys, what are my options if I want to use and SSD as OS drive? As my system is now almost 3 years old so I am thinking of installing SSD. Might give it a bit of performance boost.

Budget is around 8k for 120-200GB SSD.

So, what companies are there with good products as well as after sales service?

Don't think twice about it, if you have the money, go for it. I was burned with the 840 evo though (850 evo probably doesn't have any issues) so i would go pro.

And get the right size for your OS, programs, games etc. + overprovisioning. Store data on hdds. I don't have time to play games so i run an xp+7 dual boot setup on a 120gb. Should be plenty for a single OS+progs.

Once you go SSD, you'll never go back !

IMG_20170807_001909.jpg
Samsung 850 EVO is around 8.5k on Amazon. Any chance it might get any cheaper?
MD computers quoted me a price of 7.5k+shipping

Last edited:
Nowadays amazon is way off the mark when it comes to computer hardware pricing.Or it can that brick and mortar retailers are fighting back too.

Track the us pricing for the same model on camelcamelcamel and understand the trend. then compare with indian pricing.

Just checked that site. It's in Kolkata but they're quoting 6.2k for WD Green SSD. :eek:
Don't go for WD Green SSD if the WD Green HDD reliability is anything to go by.;)

It's like buying a Diesel watch,its always better to stick to bonafide watch makers you know.

Back