Looking for the best 65inch TV under 2 Lakhs

indy1811

Skilled
My cousin is looking to upgrade his current 50" Samsung Plasma TV to an LED TV since the old one has started displaying vertical lines on the corners.

What he wants from the TV is just a very good panel with good upscaling capabilities. He doesn't need too many smart features since he already has a Firestick and a Chromecast for media consumption. His parents watch a lot of regional content which is not broadcast in HD so the SD feed should look decent.

The sets we've shortlisted are:

1. Samsung MU6470 - quoted 1.79 lakhs
http://www.samsung.com/in/tvs/uhd-mu6470/UA65MU6470ULXL/

2. Sony 65X9000E - quoted 1.99 lakhs
http://www.sony.co.in/electronics/televisions/x9000e-series?showModelPrices=true

3. Panasonic 65DX700D - quoted 1.89 lakhs
http://www.panasonic.com/in/consumer/home-entertainment/televisions/4K-TV/th-65dx700d.html

4. LG 65UJ632T - quoted 1.75 lakhs
http://www.lg.com/in/tvs/lg-65UJ632T

What do you guys suggest? What would be the best pick at this price? Are there any other models we should be looking at?

For anything around 2L, I'd scratch everything off the list and get either a LG C7 or B7 eyes closed.
There is nothing else that comes close to the rendering of these OLED panels at this moment.

Have a side by side demo of OLED vs any of these TV's mentioned above and you'll know the difference.

For anything around 2L, I'd scratch everything off the list and get either a LG C7 or B7 eyes closed.
There is nothing else that comes close to the rendering of these OLED panels at this moment.

Have a side by side demo of OLED vs any of these TV's mentioned above and you'll know the difference.
Aren't the C7 and B7 are priced around 3.5L?

Aren't the C7 and B7 are priced around 3.5L?
C7 >> https://www.croma.com/lg-oled55c7t-140cm-55inch-ultra-hd-oled-tv-2017-edition-/p/203575

I myself bought LG 55B6 for 1.8L with free LG SH5 wireless soundbar from reliance digital in March-2017.
IIRC B7 and C7 are being sold for around 2-2.5L in most of the stores.

Edit: Ah my bad, he was looking for a 65inch one and I was talking about 55inch OLED models.
Still I'd suggest getting an 55" OLED over a 65" LED panel.

C7 >> https://www.croma.com/lg-oled55c7t-140cm-55inch-ultra-hd-oled-tv-2017-edition-/p/203575

I myself bought LG 55B6 for 1.8L with free LG SH5 wireless soundbar from reliance digital in March-2017.
IIRC B7 and C7 are being sold for around 2-2.5L in most of the stores.

Edit: Ah my bad, he was looking for a 65inch one and I was talking about 55inch OLED models.
Still I'd suggest getting an 55" OLED over a 65" LED panel.
That’s was for 55” panel and not the 65” panels. C7 55” cost around 2L now.

Yup, already checked those out.They look stunning. The thing is his parents are the ones who will be using it and most of the time only DTH content is going to be played. The room size is also quite big at around 17-20 feet distance from the TV hence the need for the bigger size.

OLED 55 inch panel way better than 65 inch LCD.

Got a 55 C7 and a 65 X900E. Even though the sony is way better than any LCD units on the market (for me atleast), the C7 is just orgasmic to watch my 4K HDR content.

EDIT: Just saw your list, X900E all the way. Read up on reviews if you feel I am being biased. I had a MU8000 65 inch and returned it. Viewing angles were kinda one reason and the remote kept dropping the pair. Tried replacing the remote twice. Ain't nobody got time for that shit.

LG UJ series are entry to med category. I love web OS and the smart remote, but the TV panel was meh.

One bad thing about the X900E is its an android. Its a boon or a curse. I feel it can get wonky at times. But the panel is so sweet, I live with it. Also, the remote is so 80's. My LG has the new smart remote with pointy cursor and all.. way too cool. Well, I do have that in the sony TV through a third party remote as well.

Yup, already checked those out.They look stunning. The thing is his parents are the ones who will be using it and most of the time only DTH content is going to be played. The room size is also quite big at around 17-20 feet distance from the TV hence the need for the bigger size.

If that is the case, do not go for any Samsung Panels. Stick to the LG ones. They got the IPS ones. Bigger room would be utilized properly IMO. LG SJ series for example.

Also, the MU6XXX in Samsung is mediocre. Auditioned that as well.

Panasonic TV? Please.

Last edited:
OLED 55 inch panel way better than 65 inch LCD.

Got a 55 C7 and a 65 X900E. Even though the sony is way better than any LCD units on the market (for me atleast), the C7 is just orgasmic to watch my 4K HDR content.

EDIT: Just saw your list, X900E all the way. Read up on reviews if you feel I am being biased. I had a MU8000 65 inch and returned it. Viewing angles were kinda one reason and the remote kept dropping the pair. Tried replacing the remote twice. Ain't nobody got time for that shit.

LG UJ series are entry to med category. I love web OS and the smart remote, but the TV panel was meh.

One bad thing about the X900E is its an android. Its a boon or a curse. I feel it can get wonky at times. But the panel is so sweet, I live with it. Also, the remote is so 80's. My LG has the new smart remote with pointy cursor and all.. way too cool. Well, I do have that in the sony TV through a third party remote as well.

If that is the case, do not go for any Samsung Panels. Stick to the LG ones. They got the IPS ones. Bigger room would be utilized properly IMO. LG SJ series for example.

Also, the MU6XXX in Samsung is mediocre. Auditioned that as well.

Panasonic TV? Please.

Thanks for the detailed reply.

The X900E sure seems to be ticking all the right boxes. How does standard definition and 720p content look on it? They'll mostly be watching Airtel DTH content on it.

Where can I find the LG C7 or B7 in Mumbai, grey market? Or offline.
Alpha doesn't stock LG.
Thanks

Available at Kohinoor Tele Video - Fortune Terraces, New Link Road, Andheri West, Mumbai - 400053, Opposite Citi Mall for 65" Price (max upto 2.7 lac). I understand your budget is upto 2 lacs only & migrating from 50" to 55" is hardly any difference. However it's the OLED which is mind-blowing.

Incidently - I picked up the LG 65" B7 & it was delivered last evening (so not had much time to give more feedback). Plus points are
- Dolby Vision & Dolby Atmos (no other brand offers it)
- LG Web OS with Magic Remote is awesome

I also check playback of 4K content from Netflix & YouTube - mind-blowing!

If your budget is still a restriction then go for 55"

Note: They (Kohinoor) also have a great Panasonic 65" EX-750 costing 1.7 - looks great too

Last edited:
Thanks for the detailed reply.

The X900E sure seems to be ticking all the right boxes. How does standard definition and 720p content look on it? They'll mostly be watching Airtel DTH content on it.

Not bad.

I believe it has sort of upscaler built it. I don’t watch below 720p though.

Back