Budget 51-70k Looking for upgrading as my old sytem (i5-6500) is bottlenecked.

I built my current PC in 2016 and is running well. My core use of this PC is mainly for gaming. As I love to play PUBG on 144hz monitor but my problem is my cpu i5-6500 which is bottlenecking and my graphics card gtx 1070 is utilized at 50 to 60 percent. So, I am thinking of upgrading of Processor and Motherboard. As I thought of i5-9600k and i7-9700k for upgrading with Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro (Wifi). Also want to know about compatibility of these with my existing pc build components.
Following are the details of My current rig:

Processor - i5-6500
Motherboard - MSI B150M Mortar
Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212x
RAM - G.Skill DDR4 2400Mhz 8gb x2 (Total 16GB)
Graphics Card - Asus GTX 1070 Dual
SSD - Samsung EVO 750 250gb
HDD - Western Digital Blue 1 TB 7200Rpm
SMPS - Seasonic S12G 80+ Gold 550W
Cabinet - Corsair Carbide Spec 03
Monitor - Benq Zowie XL2411 144hz 24inch

I don't want to SLI or Crossfire so I think current smps is ample for running for i5-9600k or i7-9700k. About cooler it may handle these processor at stock speed but I may overclock processor in future, so also suggest me any good cooler which will keep cool any of these processors and also fits in my current cabinet. Any other suggestion is also appreciated so feel free to discuss. Please post your valuable reply.

Are you sure the cpu is bottlenecking the system? i only ask because PUBG isn't exactly a graphically demanding game and a 1070 is a very powerful gpu. Are there any other games that cause the same issue with gpu usage?
Yes, you're current smps is capable of handling any combo of cpu and gpu. (non-sli/xfire)
The hyper 212 is a good air cooler, it's just that from the 3xxx series onwards intel stopped using soldered TIMs in the cpu, so heat transfer to the cooler became an issue.
Basically the hyper 212 will be capable of handling mild overclocks so upgrading the cooler would only be needed if you plan on pushing the cpu to it's limits.
Also, the B150 chipset isn't what one would call 'outdated'. If you want, you could just drop in a compatible cpu (and avoid the hassle of taking the entire system apart).

Thanks for your reply. I have downloaded the samsung magician and checked my SSD, the firmware is showding up to date, So there is no problem with ssd. However, there were many background processes ongoing which I have disabled through msconfig.exe and disabled startup apps. Now, it is performing little bit better after tweaking. I have checked again PUBG and Apex Legends where CPU load is at 98 to 100% and GPU load is 80 to 90%. As it seems this games demanding for more cpu power.

Are you sure the cpu is bottlenecking the system? i only ask because PUBG isn't exactly a graphically demanding game and a 1070 is a very powerful gpu. Are there any other games that cause the same issue with gpu usage?
Yes, you're current smps is capable of handling any combo of cpu and gpu. (non-sli/xfire)
The hyper 212 is a good air cooler, it's just that from the 3xxx series onwards intel stopped using soldered TIMs in the cpu, so heat transfer to the cooler became an issue.
Basically the hyper 212 will be capable of handling mild overclocks so upgrading the cooler would only be needed if you plan on pushing the cpu to it's limits.
Also, the B150 chipset isn't what one would call 'outdated'. If you want, you could just drop in a compatible cpu (and avoid the hassle of taking the entire system apart).
The OP is expecting high framerate keeping in mind he has a 144 Hz monitor. One quick check for CPU bottleneck is to use MSI AfterBuner with Rivatuner overlay on screen with framerate/CPU usage/GPU usage etc. If you see CPU usage is close to 100% in game but GPU usage is much lower then your CPU is a bottleneck.
@tarunbiswask go for the CPU+mobo combo you mentioned but wait for some time before you make your purchase. Rumour is Intel is going to slash 10-15% off the prices of the 9th gen CPUs which are under heavy pressure by the AMD Zen 2 CPUs launched on 7th July.
Keeping in mind you're only interested in gaming ignore the Zen 2 chips and go for the 9700K but wait for price cuts. Intel roadmap has the 10th gen Comet Lake CPUs incoming in Q1 2020 so expect even meatier price cuts on 9th gen especially around the Black Friday season.

The Hyper 212X is a bit weak for the 5 GHz 9700K if you overclock it a bit . Go for a Noctua NH-U12S if overclocking or else stick to the 212x if you have a case with decent airflow(No idea about the Carbide or your case fan setup). I have the same cooler on a 8 core Ryzen 7 1700 and its quiet AF.

The 550W PSU seemed a bit tight to me but upon further checking looks okay-

How are the MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon and Gigabyte Z390 Aorus pro Motherboard for i7-9700K?
I come to know that gigabyte board has software issue.

Sadly for playing at 144 hz at ultra settings your gfx and cpu both are incapable of providing 144 fps ingame... not just your cpu...
you would need an i5 9600k with a rtx 2080TI to get 120 fps at ultra setting in pubg... sadly...
However for playing at 60 fps ... your CPU is just fine and you need to upgrade your graphic card...
I have a good deal on GTX 1070ti and GTX 1080 if you want ... just pm me...

Back