Car & Bike Lost Vehicle registration card, help!

Rahul++

SuperUser
Skilled
Hey,

I have lost my wallet, fortunately nothing was there inside it except Vehicle Registration card (Smart Card) of my two wheeler. What is the procedure of getting new RC from RTO? And most importantly what will be the cost .... and the bribe as well.

How many days will it take to get a new / duplicate RC? I will be using my bike in other city (not in the city where my bike is registered) hence I will need it frequently because Cops always look for outsiders to rip off :-/

I've been through the same nightmare 2 years ago. for the reference; the procedure I followed corresponds to hyderabad.

first you have to go to the police station and file an FIR on day one. you will get a certificate of the FIR on day two. if you have lost RCs for multiple vehicles then make sure that you get multiple certs one for each vehicle.

Go to the RTA and file an application by filling the appropriate form usually some kinda form that says ANNEXURE blah. make sure that you take xerox and originals copies of your id(pan/voterid/...) a residence proof (electricity bill/other bill accepted by the govt) and may be an age of proof. those mofos might ask you some arbitarary proof out of these just to bug you.

if you get past this phase you are lucky otherwise they might ask you to get a "decleration/undertaking" on a stamp paper.

After this you will have to pay the fee and the rc would be couriered to you in 15 days by ems. I got one of mine in 3 days and others I had to go to the RTA and collect after a month. so again this depends on your luck.

The worst part is going to the police station and getting the certs. you "ill have to" pay them or else you wont get your certs in time. other steps they cant do shit if you've got all the certificates in your hand.

I did few rounds around the RTA as they were asking me one or the other certificate xerox just to bug me as I was not ready to bribe them.

good luck.

Just simply get hold of a RTA agent. Where are u located? They will get the work done quickly and charge only 500/800 extra. You will save a lot of time..

Back