Budget 0-20k Low range future proof graphics card that plays HD videos at 60 fps and basic gaming

LDC

Disciple
Hi, guys. Please help with with the following …

Questions
  1. What is your budget?
    • INR 5,000
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration
    • CPU - AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
    • Motherboard - Biostar A785GE
    • GPU - onboard
    • RAM - Kingston 4 GB (3.25 GB usable)
    • Monitor - Dell S2240L
    • PSU - Corsair VX450
    • Cabinet - Unbranded. The back panel couldn't fit the bracket of my friend's old graphics card (Quadro FX 580). The bracket was too short and not letting the card enter the PCI slot fully. So I need advice if the graphics card you suggest will not have such issues with regular local cabinets.
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping
    • All of the above
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy.
    • Graphics card
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Whole system upgrade after a few years
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Adobe Photoshop
    • gaming at decent or even low graphics of games like GTA V or the Witcher
    • Video with x265 codecs and video shots on phone that are 1080p at 60fps. Currently, such videos don't work on my computer.
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • None
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Mentioned above
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - no idea
    2. Desktop - 1920x1080
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No, should I?
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10
Note: I also have brought an HDMI to HDMI Amazon basics cable, FYI. My monitor has only HDMI and VGA ports, no DVI.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Best bet would be to get a 1050 or 1050ti offline.
If it is costing 10 to 12k online, certainly it won't be within a 5k budget offline? Thanks though :).

Thank you. I am totally out of the loop with regards to current hardware and never heard of MDComputers. But seems like they have a good reputation. I am hopefully going to buy this card.

Please confirm if it won't have any compatibility issues with the hardware I have mentioned as most of my hardware is around 8 years old. I would appreciate it.

No, I mean, increasing your budget by a few thousand and getting 1050 will be far far better for long run than going with 1030. I bought a new system for friend couple of months ago and 1050 was selling at 9~10k and 1050ti was at 13k so maybe stretch the budget? The difference between 1030 and 1050 is much more than 1050 and 1060 wrt avg framerates of games.

Maybe try looking for a last gen gtx 960? 1030 is a really really overpriced gfx card I feel for the performance it offers.[DOUBLEPOST=1516731225][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thank you. I am totally out of the loop with regards to current hardware and never heard of MDComputers. But seems like they have a good reputation. I am hopefully going to buy this card.
MCD computers is a reputed store running since many years. No worries, you can buy there with peace. primeabgb is another store you can buy online parts from

No, I mean, increasing your budget by a few thousand and getting 1050 will be far far better for long run than going with 1030.

My initial budget was 3,500 as I just wanted to be able to browse Youtube and phone camera video at 60 fps. So, will the graphics card that @bssunilreddy has suggested at 5,500 suffice? As OP mentions, I do want to do basic gaming, but I am going to be too busy with work and stuff so it's not a big deal. Main thing is being able to watch movies at good quality, gaming is secondary.

My initial budget was 3,500 as I just wanted to be able to browse Youtube and phone camera video at 60 fps. So, will the graphics card that @bssunilreddy has suggested at 5,500 suffice? As OP mentions, I do want to do basic gaming, but I am going to be too busy with work and stuff so it's not a big deal. Main thing is being able to watch movies at good quality, gaming is secondary.
For videos, the 1030 will be just fine. Infact it even supports netflix 4k streams as long as your pc is running windows 10.Gaming will not be good though.

Gaming will not be good though.

So, I can't expect GTA V at low settings for 30 fps or so?

I really don't want to spend 8k+ on a graphics card right now. Priority is high quality movies and Photoshop/Illustrator, with little gaming sprinkled in.

Your processor is dual core so I think it'll bottleneck 1030. Gta really loves its cores. I think you'll get around ~20 fps. That a ballpark figure tho. Search on youtube for some videos

Your processor is dual core so I think it'll bottleneck 1030. Gta really loves its cores. I think you'll get around ~20 fps. That a ballpark figure tho. Search on youtube for some videos
Youtube videos with the ASUS GRAPHICS CARD PASCAL SERIES - GT 1030 2GB GDDR5 are excellent. But this dual core bottlenecking issue you talk about will be with any graphics card, right?

For future proofing get a GTX 1050. GT 1030 is just a basic card, it will be fine for videos but it will suck at 1080P gaming even at lower settings.

Having to amp up budget to 9,000 is stressful now. Regardless, can you guys suggest low cost reputed product online for the series you're suggesting? In Mumbai, the only offline place I know is Lamington road. And it's going to be possible to shop there only on a Sunday for me and I worry about being fleeced.

Having to amp up budget to 9,000 is stressful now. Regardless, can you guys suggest low cost reputed product online for the series you're suggesting? In Mumbai, the only offline place I know is Lamington road. And it's going to be possible to shop there only on a Sunday for me and I worry about being fleeced.
Update: Price is increased by 1K and now its retailing for 10.5K so removed the link.
Edit: Wait! forget about new GPU considering how crappy your CPU is it will bottleneck any GPU. Get something cheap and used.

Last edited:
The bracket was too short and not letting the card enter the PCI slot fully.

Do you mean this ?

upload_2018-1-24_15-43-1.png

Because IIRC, all single slot GFX card have similar bracket/panels.

For your machine, playing GTA or Witcher would be cumbersome even with GTX 1030.

IMO, you would be good with even likes of used GTX 750 Ti which can be had for your original budget.

Do you mean this ?

View attachment 73587

Because IIRC, all single slot GFX card have similar bracket/panels.

For your machine, playing GTA or Witcher would be cumbersome even with GTX 1030.

IMO, you would be good with even likes of used GTX 750 Ti which can be had for your original budget.

That card has two profiles - low and standard. By default the low profile bracket is attached and the standard profile bracket is given in the box. If his friend has the standard bracket he can replace the low profile bracket with that one, else he has to search ebay etc.

@vyral_143 That's exactly the bracket my friend had. I don't think has the second bracket. Anways... I want to use my own graphics card on the system.

I am not worried about bottlenecking if the graphics card is future-proof. I can always upgrade the rest of the system a few years later, right?

@adventureguy How are these two?
https://www.mdcomputers.in/graphics...gabyte-gtx-1050-2gb-gddr5-gv-n1050d5-2gd.html
https://www.mdcomputers.in/graphics-card/gtx-10-series-1021724175/asus-ex-gtx1050-o2g.html
Both are out of stock right now. I hope it stocks up again.

Do you agree that the bottlenecking issue with my processor will be ignorable for now?

@vyral_143 That's exactly the bracket my friend had. I don't think has the second bracket. Anways... I want to use my own graphics card on the system.

I am not worried about bottlenecking if the graphics card is future-proof. I can always upgrade the rest of the system a few years later, right?

@adventureguy How are these two?
https://www.mdcomputers.in/graphics...gabyte-gtx-1050-2gb-gddr5-gv-n1050d5-2gd.html
https://www.mdcomputers.in/graphics-card/gtx-10-series-1021724175/asus-ex-gtx1050-o2g.html
Both are out of stock right now. I hope it stocks up again.

Do you agree that the bottlenecking issue with my processor will be ignorable for now?
Its very simple. If you want only video playback on your present system, 1030 will be fine.

If you want futureproof, i.e, you'll update rest of the system in 1~2 years and still want gfx that can play GTA on that, 1050/1050Ti will be good.

If you buy 1050 right now, your video playback will be fine but in games, your CPU will bottleneck your gfx card.

Plus offline will be cheaper than online prices. Just go one day and have a look at lamington road. You'll easily save 1k~2k

But by then GTX 1030 and 1050 will be obsolete and bottleneck your system. I am assuming few years = 1.5-3 years.

exactly. no card or system could be future proof even 2 years down. They will work but we should not expect them to perform like the new models. New systems means the card may not be compatible with it or would be rendered useless because the integrated gpu on the cpu would be faster than the graphics card. Plus new boards = new types of memory and new standards.

I think OP should stop thinking about future proofing all together. As long as there is coin mining, gpu prices will always be high. Plus new games will be such that they prefer higher and newer end graphics cards. 3-4 year old games used to work on 1GB gpu, Now all the new games want 4+GB. Imagine even if you bought a 4GB card now, 3 years after, cards would be having 12-16GB GDDR6 or GDDR7 memory on them and that would be the new minimum for new games.

Back