Camera Lowepro India Warranty Experience - One Word Terrible

Stuge

Photo Connoisseur
Disciple
I gave my Lower pro 300 runner pro bag for repair to Lower pro Interfoto ,Rajindra Place -Delhi on 22nd December 2011 [They are the distributors of Lowepro bags in India ].At that time I was promised that orignal lowepro zip/zipper will be used to replace the defective one ,and it will take 7-10days to get it fixed .

On 3rd of Jan 2012 I called them to know ,when to pick my bag ,but the guy on the line told me "sir it takes 7-10days "

I got annoyed, and asked him to get it done by evening .Since, I was busy that evening ,I decided to pick the bag on 4th .On 4th evening I reached their office to collect the bag , and to my horror they used local zip's and zipper .On asking why the hell he used local zipper .His reply was even more irritating "sir aap ab lock bhi kar sakte hain ".I was llike WTF ,and left the interfoto with bag .I had no option but to take the bag because of upcoming trip .

Picture

6636051793_57dca6759e_z.jpg

Note:I've emailed lowerpro about this .

Re: Lowepro India Warranty Experiance -One Word Terrible

Send them an email. With the pictures. I'm pretty sure they'll replace the bag/zips.

Bumping this up.

Bought a lowepro bag: http://www.flipkart.com/lowepro-nova-180-aw-dslr-shoulder-bag/p/itmczcrhgzhzzbfe and the top handle is covered with a velvet material that crumbles into your hand endlessly. So much so that I ended up wrapping it in a different cloth and stitched it up to keep it from soiling the hands or equipment.

Decided to contact interfoto, and they initially tried to do a replacement with the same model, but discovered on their own that all the pieces have the same issue. So they asked me to await a replacement piece and provided me another similar model http://www.flipkart.com/lowepro-sho...l-aw-slate-grey-camera-bag/p/itme5h9843mndh9g (brand new piece). It took over 2 months of communication and followup on email and phone, but it was committed just replaced once they got this specific model. They were open to me selecting any other model as well, if it would fit my needs in a similar interior usable space criteria.

Bumping this up.

Bought a lowepro bag: http://www.flipkart.com/lowepro-nova-180-aw-dslr-shoulder-bag/p/itmczcrhgzhzzbfe and the top handle is covered with a velvet material that crumbles into your hand endlessly. So much so that I ended up wrapping it in a different cloth and stitched it up to keep it from soiling the hands or equipment.
Hope OPs issue was resolved.

My cousin returned his Nova 180aw due to same issue. But good that they are addressing the problems.

Had mailed lowepro india about lost sternum strap(chest strap) on my backpack. But, got no response from them.

Here is some excerpt from the mail:

I have purchase Lowepro Photosport Pro 30L AW backpack. I have lost one of the 'Sternum straps' of the bag during travel. I don't know how it came undone, I'd noticed it only after returning home.

I use the backpack rarely, as I have other backpacks and my frequency of hiking is reduced tremendously. In all, I haven't used the backpack for not more than 7 times!(1 one day hiking trip, 4-5 travel trips) Also, I have lost the Sternum Strap some 4-5 months backs. Have mailed Lowepro international support previously with no avail.

'Sternum Strap' with this particular model of backpack is easily detachable. I have other backpacks that use same Sternum Strap, however in those backpacks, Sternum Straps won't come off easily. If you check 'LoweproHatchback' or 'Quechua Forclaz 22 AIR' backpacks, they use same Sternum Strap, however the mechanism they use to secure Sternum Strap is much better. What I think of it is, it's design flaw for the backpack, and notably the design for the Sternum Strap retention has been revised by Lowepro in newer backpacks.

I wish to get new Sternum Strap for the backpack, as without Sternum Strap, the backpack is virtually useless for it's intended purpose(hiking). It would be good if you provide me with new Sternum Strap. If providing Sternum Strap is not possible, please provide me a way, as to where I can buy the replacement Sternum Strap.

Didn't got any response from Lowepro. This, for a backpack that costs 15k!
I had bought it for lowerpro....err lower price, thanks to discount on amazon.

^ Discount doesn't matter.It's already overpriced in India

Post this on lowepro facebook website .

Back