Laptops Macbook Pro Repair question

MarkofTeja

Disciple
So while I was travelling to Delhi my Macbook Pro early 2011 went kaput. The Nehru Place third party repair guy (who came highly recommended) told me that the board is rotten. He said he could repair it and it would cost 11 grand but he couldn't guarantee how long it would last. It could be 6 months or 12.

I decided not to get it repaired but I am wondering if anyone here has got their logic board replaced by apple? What kind of cost is involved in this? Do they give any warranty with it? And how long does it take to repair?

I don't wanna buy a new Macbook Pro given how shit apple products are nowadays but I do want to ressurrect this Macbook Pro for light use.

tbh we didn't ask for any warranty status when we got the board replaced. I just called apple and they said they provide 90 days warranty on logic board. so 3 months I guess

We got issues with 2 MBPs,

One is a MBP 101HNA which is the last model with HDD. The HDD went kaput and we replaced with a Toshiba HDD as they (Apple) quoted some 10-11K for the HDD.

The other was a MBP Air, which got screen damaged. Got it replaced at from a nearby service centre for 20K - official apple price was 41K. They (apple repair mumbai) took too much time and did not get the job done first time right. Wont recommend them ever again.

In my case, the apple repair guy at NP told me that they don't have logic boards. Only apple does. So if I could get hold of a logic board, they would replace it. I figured. the only way out is a Logic board replacement from Apple. who probably will charge me 7 crores or something for it.

Back