CPU/Mobo Machine ID issue

toocool6600

Disciple
Ok, I have a software and there is a plug-in that I bought for the software and initially I was kept In the dark about the plugin and its working only on single pc.

The thing is that the plug-in thingy is based on c+++ dll based security feature, i cannot use the PLUGIN on another pc at all,as a new separate key will be required to activate plugin on other pc.

Now I want to upgrade my windows 7 to Windows 10 but I can't because I fear that even reinstalling the software (which is mine and can install any pc)................. But i am not sure about the plug-in itself, maybe it will work again without interference of the guy or not. He agreed to 1 more activation In near future but that's it, shit is this that I bought plug-in just 2 weeks ago and I don't want to waste my 1 more activation for just windows upgrade

Can I use virtual machine software to test whether I can reinstall plugin after windows 10 install?

Does virtual machine software takes machine ID same as the pc? Also the plug-in has to be installed only on G DRIVE of my pc.

I know it's a mess......... Can someone help me please :)

Could you share the details of the software and plugin? Looks interesting.

Also, once you upgrade to W10, its supposed to be the final major version, with minor revisions (I would not bet my money on this, now :p)

Well the software is amibroker uses for stock trading charting purpose, but plugin is by some software guy, he himself converted a normal plugin to c++ dll based secured plugin.........

Can you suggest me something? Vm software takes same machine ID?

Back