MAFIA 3 Thread

quan chi

Skilled
Mafia_3.jpg

Trailer out today.

Last edited:
Mafia 2 lacked the charm of Mafia. The game never gives you a sense of belonging that you got in the first game. You don't feel for the lead character either. It just felt like a GTA with restrictions.

Ofcourse both games have open world that you can explore but with Mafia the main campaign was so good that I left the goofing off till I completed the game. Despite being an old game and clunky controls which added to the difficulty and at times frustration it was way more endearing.

I am sure that the ending was not an actual ending and may be they had a DLC in the pipeline but never released it.

Overall Mafia 2 was a missed opportunity. Only good thing about it was the controls but it was expected of a modern game.

Mafia was one of a kind. It introduced a lot of things in a AAA tps game. Speeding ticket & breaking traffic rules at that time was something really nice. From music to gameplay everything was topnotch.

Last edited:
To this day, Mafia is the best stand alone game I have played as far as storyline and character involvement are concerned.

When I played Mafia first part when it was released my PC lagged like hell and now I have gaming system and am ready to have fun so developer's please give us good game

played the demo for around 15 minutes then un installed the game. It failed to hold my interest. The visuals are somewhat blurry too.I didn't encounter any other major issues then again i played for a very less time.

Alright completed the demo. Played for around 2.5 hrs. People are right this game fails miserably when it comes to open world. The visuals looks blurry but after applying the fix for it it somewhat got better. The story is presented well which certainly will hold your interest. Infact If you want to play this game only for the story then I would say go ahead with it.
Now for the rest. This game tried to become GTA this time but failed badly. Instead of going a step forward it went 2-3 steps backwards. It is even inferior to mafia 2. The world looks good but its dead its empty you cannot do much in it. In gta you drive around & do funny things because the AI or npcs react in some way or they are busy in doing some stuff. In mafia 3 nothing happens even if you exceed your speed limit the cops DON'T DO ANYTHING. If you park at wrong side you can easily get away they again wont do anything, which was a signature feature of both mafia 1 & 2 games. People loved it because of those realistic things. In this game If you kick or punch an NPC character they will just fall & lay to the ground no one will do anything there is no reaction. I was thinking about buying this game but after playing the demo I think I will wait for the price to fall a bit more.
I will list few Positive things in case if you are interested to know. But do keep in mind apart from this rest all are bad.
+Car driving
+Gun play
+Story narration
+Voice acting
+Characters
+Dialogues
+Beautiful world design

[DOUBLEPOST=1514302718][/DOUBLEPOST]
That Mafia II ending was pretty brutal. Maybe he is still alive?
Yes he is & he is in the story.

Last edited:
Alright completed the demo. Played for around 2.5 hrs. People are right this game fails miserably when it comes to open world. The visuals looks blurry but after applying the fix for it it somewhat got better. The story is presented well which certainly will hold your interest. Infact If you want to play this game only for the story then I would say go ahead with it.
Now for the rest. This game tried to become GTA this time but failed badly. Instead of going a step forward it went 2-3 steps backwards. It is even inferior to mafia 2. The world looks good but its dead its empty you cannot do much in it. In gta you drive around & do funny things because the AI or npcs react in some way or they are busy in doing some stuff. In mafia 3 nothing happens even if you exceed your speed limit the cops DON'T DO ANYTHING. If you park at wrong side you can easily get away they again wont do anything, which was a signature feature of both mafia 1 & 2 games. People loved it because of those realistic things. In this game If you kick or punch an NPC character they will just fall & lay to the ground no one will do anything there is no reaction. I was thinking about buying this game but after playing the demo I think I will wait for the price to fall a bit more.
I will list few Positive things in case if you are interested to know. But do keep in mind apart from this rest all are bad.
+Car driving
+Gun play
+Story narration
+Voice acting
+Characters
+Dialogues
+Beautiful world design

[DOUBLEPOST=1514302718][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yes he is & he is in the story.
saw some reviews and people mentioned its a grind fest. is it?

saw some reviews and people mentioned its a grind fest. is it?
I saw the same too. I have only played the demo thus cannot say much about that. It is another thing which kept me away from getting this game. Thus in demo I mainly focused on the open world part & AI and they are really bad.

The listing is more buggy than the game. You can't buy it. You can't get past the address selection. I tweeted them about and they acknowledged that there is an issue with the listing but they didn't fix it yet.

In short - A case of false advertisement.

^^Yes there is an issue & its an old one. They haven't fixed it yet . I forgot its from cloudtail india. I once contacted amazon representative regarding this & they simply said it cannot be delivered to the address specified.
MODS please delete these posts

Why delete it? Let it be known. I complained on 23rd January and it's been nearly 2 weeks. If they can't fix it then they should've taken it down.

Back