MAFIA II ~Discussion Thread~

Haddock said:
did you place the three m2dev files - (m2dev.dll, m2dev.exe, & m2dev.ini) in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\mafia ii - public demo\pc ?

yup

Also added Mafia2.exe to the Data Execution Prevention(per. tab, system properties).

still not working.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Am I in the Mafia 2 thread or PC v/s console thread? :S

I dunno why it was merged...but it was better in Console Section...I more for Console Gaming than PC Gaming....m off this thread :p

xXx said:
I dunno why it was merged...but it was better in Console Section...I more for Console Gaming than PC Gaming....m off this thread :p
Meh nothing was merged here. :p

The previous Mafia 2 thread was merged with the one Bluffy had created last year -which btw was done a week back! Just that Aces' and my discussion on the console vs PC went a little OT. :p

in Pre-order page @nextworld.in
Mafia 2 for PC (Windows) - Rs.470
Ships on: 15-09-2010

Asked at Intencity.in, there also date not confirmed, their guess = last week of this month or 1st week Sep.

anyone bought games from nextworld.in?
nextworld- Total=Rs.510 (incl. shipping), but final = Rs.485 after redeeming 25points

Haddock said:
in Pre-order page @nextworld.in
Mafia 2 for PC (Windows) - Rs.470
Ships on: 15-09-2010

Asked at Intencity.in, there also date not confirmed, their guess = last week of this month or 1st week Sep.

anyone bought games from nextworld.in?
nextworld- Total=Rs.510 (incl. shipping), but final = Rs.485 after redeeming 25points
I had purchased GTA4 and EA sports Cricket game way back in Dec08 and the deal was good and smooth, have also tried intencity as they have lesser quotes compared to nextworkd but mind you its very less difference between them, even 2 days back i have preordered Mafia2 and Kane and Lynch @ nextworld.in for (Mafia2 - 470 + 40 shipping, KAL2 - 899 + 40 shipping)
= 1449 minus 12 Reward points whereas the same in intencity.in is 475+900 = 1375, so booking at intencity saves you 74 (1449-1375) but the reason i bought at nextworld was that the transaction can be done anytime just like ur mobile bill but for intencity its a net transfer and for me icici bank is on only till 6.30 pm and satrudays upto 2.30pm only and when i tried i do it i wasnt as i logged in after the time limits whereas in nextworld i placed the order at 11pm and it was quick and fast.

How well do they pack the games?
coz, at intencity, they put 2-3layers of bubblepack :p
also, how long it takes for delivery?
& yeah, the net transfer is slow (sbi to hdfc), usually takes a day or two for acc. credit at their side, & then 2more days for delivery.

+ nextworld gives debit card option too.

PhOeNiX said:
Good to know one game where the PC version is coming out better :p Recent games had it the other way around.
Seriously man, im surprised . But i think that in case of extremely graphics intensive games PC will always be the winner (a la GTA IV, Crysis) or unless its made specifically for the PS3 (a la Uncharted 2) , the 360 on the other hand is a step child that is showing its age now & cant really claim that its got the best looking games . (Alan wake was a bright light , but the AA was dangerously low)

Guess i shall have to upgrade to a PS3 by the end of this year or early next year.

Haddock said:
How well do they pack the games?
coz, at intencity, they put 2-3layers of bubblepack :p
also, how long it takes for delivery?
& yeah, the net transfer is slow (sbi to hdfc), usually takes a day or two for acc. credit at their side, & then 2more days for delivery.

+ nextworld gives debit card option too.

Packing is the same as intencity though :) but i guess u have everything (cd cover + bubblepack+thermocol) in a good cardboard box but sorry couldnt remember it exactly as its more than 1&half years since i purchased from them.... also the dvds got from intencity didnt successfully run on the 3 or 4th time as it was throwing crc errors but was luckily able to copy the files on the 3 or 4th attempt to HDD and install from there..

thegame said:
I had purchased GTA4 and EA sports Cricket game way back in Dec08 and the deal was good and smooth, have also tried intencity as they have lesser quotes compared to nextworkd but mind you its very less difference between them, even 2 days back i have preordered Mafia2 and Kane and Lynch @ nextworld.in for (Mafia2 - 470 + 40 shipping, KAL2 - 899 + 40 shipping)

= 1449 minus 12 Reward points whereas the same in intencity.in is 475+900 = 1375, so booking at intencity saves you 74 (1449-1375) but the reason i bought at nextworld was that the transaction can be done anytime just like ur mobile bill but for intencity its a net transfer and for me icici bank is on only till 6.30 pm and satrudays upto 2.30pm only and when i tried i do it i wasnt as i logged in after the time limits whereas in nextworld i placed the order at 11pm and it was quick and fast.
Just so you know we have a payment gateway too, and any Visa/Mastercard from any bank can be used to make purchases around the clock. Already a lot of our customers are using it.

Thanks

^^ Praashant, I'll surly be getting the Collectors edition form you, just confused which one PC or PS3, thats why haven't placed a pre-order yet.

Please PM me as soon as they are in stock if possible, will come to the shop to collect one of 'em.

Thanks.

DSCN2384.jpg

@Infected, CE on PC aint gonna make it here mate, its only coming on consoles and with this imma outta here. Dont wanna pimp sales here, please leave a message on my threads for any queries.

Thanks !

Zero Cool said:
trust me buddy the 360 version aint that great either :(
I have to agree. Just had time to download and play the demo (360 version) yesterday. Things like grass that's missing in the PS3 version looks like crap in the 360 version. I think it would have been better to not have it at all in the 360 version as well. This is one of those games that is probably best played on the PC. Its better and works out cheaper that way as long as you have a powerful rig to play it.. The controls were pretty good with the 360 controller though.

Back