Maggi and the soup its in

Tried Maggi twice in the last month itself.

Definitely not like the old one. Pretty much average taste, Guess the excessive L & Msg are missing?

I donno. I had them a few months ago, they were old stocks from a relative's grocery store. Maggi Chicken's taste had diminished. Definitely not worth the premium cost. I didn't feel any difference with the Maggi Masala though. But I didn't love them as much as I used to. I guess that much have changed.
For now I'm loving JoyMe. :]
Don't like Top Ramen, Yippee etc that much. And i also like fried WaiWai.
I mean aren't instant noodles supposed to taste good without adding any extra ingredient from outside? Can't say that i love Maggi that way.

Last edited:
Had maggie. New stock. Pretty meh but I never really liked it before the ban.

Wai-wai is a classic but these days, Im seeing Koka noodles on stock in supermarkets. I suggest people try them, they're really good.

If this happened in US, there would have been a deluge of class-action suits on Nestle. As usual food companies can get away rather easily in India.

If this happened in US, there would have been a deluge of class-action suits on Nestle. As usual food companies can get away rather easily in India.
Leave alone US, Even the EU laws are strict. You export whatever is being manufactured in India, 80% of the stock will be rejected.

^^ Indian manufacturers make different/better versions for export. They even print all the associated hazards of their products as required by EU/US laws.

I've seen "Made in India" Maggi in US. It specifically mentioned "Specially packed for sale in USA". Same goes for other popular Indian brands.

From cars to mangoes, it is ensured that only good quality stuff is marked for export. Few years ago, EU banned import of Indian mangoes. Illiterate farmers thought Angrez wouldn't test mangoes for pesticides. :D

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...s-found-sub-standard/articleshow/51666323.cms

This is the price to pay for stupid sentiments like nationalism. I know people who would buy Patanjali products just because its an Indian brand and they would rather advertise their nationalism and patriotism by buying sub standard crap with an Indian label (even if its made in china in reality) than doing something actually meaningful for the country like paying their taxes sincerely.

Patanjali has been known to involve in a lot of shady practices. Leaving aside the sub standard quality of the products that are often sourced in bulk orders than made by them, the more important problem that that their products have been caught multiple times with false manufacturing/'expiry dates.

Patanjali has been known to involve in a lot of shady practices. Leaving aside the sub standard quality of the products that are often sourced in bulk orders than made by them, the more important problem that that their products have been caught multiple times with false manufacturing/'expiry dates.

Ever since the acceptance of theirs that they did use animal bones in their medicines, they are off my list.
I do not have an issue with bones being used per se, but them not mentioning it in the list of ingredients is not on.

Next thing people know is that Patanjali branded juices has something which has been strained from the kidneys of the 'holy' cows.. then that ll be a really sorry state of affairs for the consumers.

Okay but are "a team of Food Safety and Drugs Administration (FSDA)" legit? We know what happened to the substandard unreliable tests of Maggi in India.

maggi tasted "off" ever since it came back from the ban anyways. I don't eat noodles much but when I do eat, I eat koka noodles and wai-wai noodles

I don't eat any brand of instant noodles, but I would trust a foreign brand over a local one any day just for the reason that the foreign brands at least go through some tests.

Reminds me of the plachimada case. When the locals at plachimada protested, every Keralite I have listened to have blamed the locals for the protest. Reason - Coca Cola being a famous foreign brand would have acted responsibly. With time they were proven to be wrong.

I wasn’t around when Bhopal happened. But union carbide was another big overseas brand. And what brands like du pont did in US, that too for decades, is unimaginable.

^^ Its not about quality or what their business intents are. Of course every business would like to bypass rules and regulations if they get a chance. I am just saying that foreign brands would still need to go though some quality checks which is far better than any local brand that doesn't abide by any rules and regulations at all and can easily get away with that. As proof, Patanjali has been caught putting all kinds food certifications labels on their products without actually getting the certifications. Patanjali's instant noodles that they pitched as far better and healthier option than Maggi were being made in factories and didn't have the necessary licenses and certifications to manufacture noodles.

Ironically, there are articles popping up against the USA companies for trying to manipulate the sugar and other claims.

Personally, after seeing what goes on in the industry, USA or not, if you want to make a strong case for foreign food to be better because it does tests, check where the item is being manufactured, since most, if not all tests can be manipulated, the chances of which go up if the item is mfd in a non first world country.

Back