Magic School Bus themed custom keyboard

Mohit Garg

Recruit
Well, after my last custom keyboard (https://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/ergodox-keyboard.152051/), I wanted to do something different and hence I created this very funky and unique keyboard with a bit of inspiration.

Because rectangular keyboards are boring

I made a Magic School Bus inspired case in dedication of the great book/TV series that it was and integral part of my childhood.

wsbrrV3.png

2x2atuK.png

The inspiration for the funky case from this great keyboard: Amazon.com: Little Tikes: kidBoard - PC: Video Games.

At the time of inception, Team Redline had started a GB for Leeku's 1800 PCBs, so I jumped on and got the PCB and decided on the design.

I needed a black and yellow set, preferably double-shot, the Bumble Bee GB by Kepop had just come to the end of ordering, however they made an exception and even semi-sponsored the set. Thank you very very much!

From then on, I had a blast building the case and the keyboard, it took some time as I had holidays, GBs, uni and what not, but it is complete and I am loving and so does everyone else who sees it at my place :D

I'm loving the layout as this was the first time I got to try it and I must say it is excellent.
PCB: Leeku 1800 from GB run by Team RedLine
Switches: Ghetto-greens, 80g springs from Originative in blue switches
Stabs: PCB Stabs
Layout: 1800 layout
Material: All layers are cast acrylic, yellow, white, smoke, red, black, clear
Keycaps: Bumble Bee DCS set from GB by Keypop who semi-sponsored this set for my keyboard. Thank you once again!

With the dustcover:
rZwlRWk.jpg

THdyOax.jpg

Dust cover off:
mCP8huP.jpg

gKRk1pT.jpg

VtekP7i.jpg

dTgCJtU.jpg

Binge-cap, Cheesy grizz-key:
Fiyy2ne.jpg

Back:
5DqGGF2.jpg

Backlit:
ddOV1Dz.jpg

9R5ee8K.jpg

Thats one hell of creativity you got man. Excellent!!!! :cool: :snaphappy:
Will ask you to make something for me as well if I bump into such thoughts.

Thanks everyone for the kind words, it's very encouraging.

@Sarvanan84 Sorry, no, it's not for sale. If I ever do move back to India nad have the time, I might look into selling custom made keyboards, but I don't when and if it would ever happen. Thanks for asking.

@Sudarshan_SMD I've sent you a PM, please do have a look.

Back