Car & Bike Mahindra ties up with Snapdeal for Scorpio facelift pre-bookings

mrmash

Disciple
Mumbai based auto maker, Mahindra & Mahindra has tied up with the E-commerce firm Snapdeal for online bookings of its upcoming Scorpio facelift. Slated to launch on September 25, M&M opened pre-bookings for the SUV effective yesterday. Instead of going to the Mahindra & Mahindra showroom, customers can now book the SUV online on Snapdeal. While the new Scorpio can be booked online, but to complete formalities related to purchase customers will have to visit the showroom

uploadfromtaptalk1411238289597.jpg

The pact between M&M and Snapdeal is only for a week before the launch of SUV in India. This indicates that only pre-launch orders can be placed online, once the vehicle is launched customers will have to go the showroom only to book the car. As per the information available on the website, customers can book Scorpio facelift online at a token amount of Rs 20,000 and delivery will be done within four to six weeks after the booking.

E-commerce firms in India usually offer items such as mobile phones and other gadgets, however this seems to be a break through as far as booking cars online are concerned. Though this isn’t the first attempt, prior to Mahindra & Mahindra, Nissan India had made an attempt to sell its cars online.

Buying tech products is one thing, buying a yet to be launched car totally another.

I'd go and book it from a showroom anyday.

Even I prefer showroom. But as in tech products, there are going to be fanatics who will go ahead and book it online. And I am sure there are going to be cancellations too once the actual look is revealed.

Going by their current pricing and the supposition that it is going to be more feature packed than the earlier version my best gues would be somewhere in the 11.25 - 11.75 bracket (ex-showroom)

The 4x4 base scorpio currently is priced around 10.2 lakhs ex-showroom mumbai. IMO it all depends on whats on offer. If its just a facelift looks wise then the pricing would be more or less the same. But if they spruce up the interiors and electronic equipments, they will jack up the price.
-----------
Oops, My bad. Seems like the pricing I was referring to were wrong. Now the Base 4x4 is available for approx 9.62 lakhs ex-showroom in Mumbai.
Still I think it will be closer to the 11 lakhs mark for the facelift.

Last edited:
I was way off mark in the price prediction it seems. They have managed to keep the costs low. But the looks are polarising. It seems there is no middle path. You either love it or hate it. It is getting a lot of hate for the looks.
uploadfromtaptalk1411658804300.jpg

Mahindra official pricing
uploadfromtaptalk1411659310397.jpg

home_gallery_enlarge_img6.jpg

home_gallery_enlarge_img9.jpg

home_gallery_enlarge_img8.jpg

home_gallery_enlarge_img7.jpg

I am hoping to go for a test drive in the near future. Sometimes, perception changes when the vehicle is seen in person. Happened with Zest, was not so thrilled about it looks with the photos available. But after the test drive, I feel its an excellent car and is going to give tough competition to others in the segment.

Other than the fugly tail lamp cluster, It still looks the part of a brute.

Hope to see some interior shots soon enough.

Design is just what i expected from M&M - Over the top.Still, looks like a brute which is going to be THE selling point in India.
But credit where its due - The interiors are really fabulous.And really liked those exterior colors in blue,red,etc. though in India we will be only seeing white ones selling mostly:tonguewink:
M&M have a winner in their hands.

If its just a facelift looks wise then the pricing would be more or less the same. But if they spruce up the interiors and electronic equipments, they will jack up the price.
Bro, its not just a minor facelift,they have added new suspension , rear axle,etc., which should probably result in much better ride quality and handling than the previous generation.

The front looks like a mangled version of the dodge charger. The rear looks like a bus. The designers deserve to get fired.

Back