MAKEMYTRIP FRAUD not refunding RS 63190/-

Using MAKEMYTRIP for about a year this had been a very pathetic service and experience.
Please take a note of this before you book via this site as lately they are using shady tactics to hold customers money as much as possible to earn bank interest.
1)On Mon, 14 Nov '11, 13:04 hrs i did booking via ICICI internet banking for PUNE-DUBAI RETURN International flight.

Booking details: MakeMyTrip Booking ID: NN251562215388 .The booking was unsuccessful and i was charged Rs. 63190.4 which after a call to customer care confirmed i was charged rs 63190.4 and i was assured that i will be refunded after 72hrs as is the procedure.

2)Even after checking after 72 hrs the money had not credited to the account.Even almost a week it isnt there.I called the customer care after next day without concern and they said this will take another 72 hrs.

3)This is unnecessary holding the customers money for week.Here i cannot book the ticket and the rates for the PUNE-DUBAI RETURN International flight has been rising everyday.Who will bear the loss.
4)Only because Makemytrip wants to earn interest on the customers money,even of the failed booking they are trying as much as possible to hold the money irrespective of the grave financial loss and mental disturbance.

I request makemytrip to refund the money immediately and book my tickets at the same rate as per my initial amount is they even have a small iota of shame.
:mad:

Just call up your credit card bank and tell them that you want to raise a dispute on that transaction and that you haven't got the goods against it.

Its been only 5 working days since the failed transaction.

AFAIK it takes 10-15 working days for the refund to appear in your account.

Wait till 28 Nov atleast

Even makemytrip doesnt have your money.

Its probably exists only in a log somewhere as a failed transaction, waiting for the recovery process to begin

Write a mail to ccavenue they are the ones responsible for this refund mess. CC it to makemytrip and also inform ICICI Bank about the failed transaction for charge back if ccavenue doesn't respond.

You have mentioned that you did the transaction through ICICI netbanking. If thats the case then your account must have already been debited from your bank account. Take note from this experience never to use Internet Banking for an online transaction in India. We literally suck at consumer rights enforcement and its always better to use a credit card than a debit card / internet banking when doing an online transaction. That way, you atleast have your money in your pocket if something goes wrong.

^ Precisely the reason why I have never done a single online banking transaction online all these years - OK, ONE over all these years. I don't mind buying at suspect websites using my credit card, but with the debit card, I wouldn't buy even on a site like Amazon.

This just sucks.

It's a known fact that their payment portal is glitchy (google "makemytrip booking unsuccessful"), yet people continue to use their website for various travel or holiday related bookings and end up with such problems.

I experienced the same problem 10-12 months back, wherein some sort of timeout error on their website lead to an unsuccessful booking with the money being stuck at the payment gateway provider (CCAvenue, BillDesk etc). As MMT failed to receive the funds, all I could (was advised to) do was wait for the money to bounce back into my account owing to the failed transaction.

I gave them (MMT) hell over phone and email and somehow managed to get back my money in 3-4 days. That's when I decided I would never use their website for anything but reference work.

It's a shame that they still haven't sorted out these website related issues. :|

Consumer court seems to be the only way out if they still haven't responded. Put a complaint with all the transaction details over there.

And, after that try calling the customer care and ask them to refund your money and still they don't listen then tell them that you have already registered a complaint with the Consumer Court.

Best way to get revenge and your money is use consumer court and involve your bank. There is a new rule which states that if there is a transaction that failed money would be sent back to your account withing 7 working days and after that 10% interest will be paid to you . I got this from my Citi bank.

try to use credit card and Make my trip? dont ever use that they always have less seats available and if you decide to postpone your trip they will call you back and say they got some cancelled tickets now

Back