Making Outgoing Calls with active Plan using Jio

Hi,

In Airtel, I do not subscribe to any prepaid monthly plan. Instead I just have a top up (talk time) and use it a-la-carte for making calls. My talk time balance reduces depending on the call rates to the called number.

Is there something similar in JIO where I do not need an active plan? I know that Jio too offers top up. Using this I can call ISD. How about local calls?

Hi,

In Airtel, I do not subscribe to any prepaid monthly plan. Instead I just have a top up (talk time) and use it a-la-carte for making calls. My talk time balance reduces depending on the call rates to the called number.

Is there something similar in JIO where I do not need an active plan? I know that Jio too offers top up. Using this I can call ISD. How about local calls?
Nope. You can't use Jio without active sim

Nope. You can't use Jio without active sim
What do you mean by active Sim? The SIM will be active so long as you have recharged in the last 90 days as per JIO. I will be able to receive calls until 90 days after the last recharge. By that definition even a Rs 10 top up is a recharge and the SIM will be active.

Recharge with any topup amount and make any type of calls as far as you don't exhaust your balance. Why so much confusion?

AFAIK, you have to subscribe to a monthly plan compulsorily. Cheapest plan is for 98 per month. All plans feature unlimited calling and 100SMS per day.

Jio unlike Vodafone and Airtel requires a minimum of 98 rs per month commitment .

If you have a WiFi connection and don't make too many outgoing calls per day , Jio is not viable .

Jio unlike Vodafone and Airtel requires a minimum of 98 rs per month commitment .

If you have a WiFi connection and don't make too many outgoing calls per day , Jio is not viable .
OK. One of my connection is about to expire next week. Let me test it.

Back