Android Marshmallow update for Android phones

technofast

Huh?
Adept
I had an old Lenovo K3 note and had it updated to the latest Android 6.0 - Marshmallow. The UI is smooth now and touch response is much better now. Apart from this the major drawback seems to be the battery drain for most of the Android phones that received the Marshmallow update. The same battery drain happened for Lenovo K3 note. After testing it for couple of days I can surely say that the earlier Lollipop version was good as far as the battery was concerned. Anyone facing problems of battery drain after updating to Android 6.0

To optimise battery life Install Greenify...and activate aggressive doze mode in Greenify. Then install Leandroid if you are still not satisfied. Unique feature of marshmallow that i like apart from others is the inbuilt doze mode. Greenify's aggressive doze takes this inbuilt doze mode to the next level.

Last edited:
I had greenify with earlier version also but after updating to marshmallow the difference in the battery drain is significant. Will reinstall greenify again and check.

Yes, I noticed Battery difference from LP to MM on my OnePlus One but using Greenify and UV/UC via Kernel so don't feel much difference.

Yes, I also faced the similar issue on my Android phone. Previously, it had KitKat after I updated it for lollipop I am noticing battery drain and there is also no space for more apps. It is better not to software update.

I upgraded my HTC 816 DS to MM somewhere in Aug 16. After that there seems to be some improvement in Battery life. Even though my usage of this phone had increased significantly the battery seems to be performing well. I just wanted to share my experience after MM upgrade. Clearing internal memory of unwanted stuff is easier in MM. Whatsapp is the major culprit. You have to keep clearing the Cache every now and then. Keep watch on the internal storage size.

Back