PC Peripherals Mechanical Keyboard (Cherry Black) Would you buy this? If so... For how much?

ViKiD

Adept
Ok, i really check to check how people would really be interested in buying this, if so then how much ? :

Ozone Gaming

This is by far the most VFM Mechanical keyboard i have come across with Cherry Black switches. Along with this , it has USB hubs and Audio/Mic jacks.

Also the Cherry Black Switches are not clicky like the Cherry Blue ones.And are considered the best ones for gaming.

A little about the mechanical switches :

Mechanical Key Switch Keyboards Demystified - Marco's RTG - HotHardware Forums

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

Do post your take on this.

Regards,

Ambar

That is completely a budget keyboard. Good for typing. And has the cherry MX Blue switches.

The build Quality is significantly higher, for the demanding price.

I'm interested in brown switches...zeroed on on the xarmour keyboard...much cheaper than deck keyboards with similar features including backlight
And your question is moot...how much would I like it for? free :p

Isnt tvs a buckling spring type keyboard?

nukeu666 said:
I'm interested in brown switches...zeroed on on the xarmour keyboard...much cheaper than deck keyboards with similar features including backlight

And your question is moot...how much would I like it for? free :p

Isnt tvs a buckling spring type keyboard?

I doubt if its a buckling spring (Or a badly implemented/cheap buckling spring). Currently I have both TVS-E Gold and this one

This one does feel like a buckling spring one, both are MX Blues BTW.

Sarang, would you care to comment on how your experience with the HP mechanical keyboard has been?

sarang said:
I doubt if its a buckling spring (Or a badly implemented/cheap buckling spring). Currently I have both TVS-E Gold and this one

This one does feel like a buckling spring one, both are MX Blues BTW.

Cherry MX switches all have a similar physical design, but the different colored stems signify a different switch configuration. For example, the Cherry MX Black is a non-tactile, non-clicky switch--which is to say it is linear and does not transmit a bump to the user's fingertip when pressed and it does not provide an audible click. The Cherry MX Blue, however, is both tactile and clicky. And the Cherry MX Brown is tactile, but not clicky. And all three require different amounts of force to actuate, the heaviest being the Black model, followed by the Blue, and then the Brown.

Mechanical Key Switch Keyboards Demystified - Marco's RTG - HotHardware Forums

difference between black and blue cherry MX if you dont know already

Grease Monk said:
Sarang, would you care to comment on how your experience with the HP mechanical keyboard has been?
Sure thing,
At exactly half the price of a TVS-E Gold the keyboard is definitely a worthy contender. Let me list the gripes first.
1. Being used to a Model-M then a few TVS-E Golds I am used to larger keyboards. This one feels very small. The Key travel is ok, did not take much to used to it but no keyboard borders is a downer for me. (If you have seen a model M or a TVS-E with that large tapered top and bottom you know what I mean.
2. It's USB and they also provide a USB->PS2 converter. It should have been the other way round if NKRO is something they cared about. THEY DON'T. I get a 6Key RO at best.

3. It kills to remove the keys on this one. Its a pain better not described. So cleanliness freaks beware. I for one can be douche-bag at cleaning my house but I prefer spanking clean keyboards.

Now the plusses.

1. The tactile feel is awesome for a 700 INR keyboard. The keys do not sound too clicketty (might be negative to some) they aactually sound closer to the erstwhile Model-M than the TVS-E

2. The cord length is decent.

3. The keyboard is HEAVY and I love it. Plus its built to last.

4. No nonsense keys.

At a measly 700 for a decent typing gear I'd say all mech lovers should have this as a back-up or the ones aspiring to start using mechanicals this coiuld be a fantastic starting point without breaking the bank.

..:: Free Radical ::.. said:
^@sarang: Wow. I surely want to buy this one right away. Already have a TVS-E Gold too.

Is the HP keyboard available locally or did you buy from hporiginals?

I got it from the same eBay link Zloyd posted. Its "LaptopOriginals" on ebay. Talked to them while buying they are the same guys as HPOriginals.

The TVS Gold does not have the bulking spring keys. MX Blues though :)

On the topic at hand.

The Keyboard, has the USB hubs and stuff, how relevant is that to you guys? along with the Warranty?

ViKiD said:
The TVS Gold does not have the bulking spring keys. MX Blues though :)

On the topic at hand.

The Keyboard, has the USB hubs and stuff, how relevant is that to you guys? along with the Warranty?

Thanks for the update Vikid. I was in doubt because the key base completely touches the tray bottom, which was not the case with the model-M, the original buckling spring design.

On the topic, with the current deluge of USB ports all around us (I have 2 On the case, 4 on the display, so any more really wont matter much imo). The headphone jacks are a different story and matter of personal taste. For me, more number of connection points in the audio chain really kills it. So i prefer the 11ft long cable of the M35 around my neck like lord shiva :p

On the positive the kb looks fair at the 80Euro they are asking for it. Any major reviews?

From what i can tell you it is going to be somewhat cheaper than the EU Market prices.

Ill be getting a review piece soon, and will post a full ledge Tear Down / Review soon after.

So keep an eye out.

The reason why i am seriously rooting for this keyboard, is because, currently im using the Razer Blackwidow, and the Cherry Blue's aren't really cutting it for me. I had previously reviewed the SteelSeries 7G. And i just literally fell in love with the Cherry Black Key switches.

Ill definitely keep you guys updated.

Back