PC Peripherals Mechanical Keyboard?

sidk47

Disciple
Hi guys,

I am getting a little nostalgic these days and my mind keeps wandering back to '95 or thereabouts, when I was typing away on my IBM machine with Windows 3.1 on a lovely keyboard. It had this incredible mechanical feel to it. A wonderful tactile response which made this most satisfying crunchy sound when you typed over it. Can anybody suggest a modern day keyboard that also has these qualities and more along with a price to go along with it so that I may consider purchasing one?

Thanks,
sidk.

sidk47 These are good options for you-
TVS Gold Keyboard-1.7k
Microsoft Sidewinder X4-2.2k
Logitech G105-2.6k
I'd suggest you to with Sidewinder X4 OR G105 for better experience.

^^ Out of that list, only the TVS Gold is mechanical, rest are not.

Mechanical Keyboard Guide

Read the above for more info.

In general, pick up the TVS if you want something cheap - its nice with cherry mx blue switches at a super low price.

If you have a higher budget, out of the available options, I'd choose between Steelseries 7G/6G or Coolermaster Storm series or Thermaltake Meka series boards.

All the above three use Costar as their OEM who are the best in the business.

I'd not recommend corsair or razer cos they use cheap chinese oems (iOne).

I recently picked up a Thermaltake Meka G-Unit for 7300 bucks from flipkart. Excellent price for a fantastic keyboard.

Been using a TVS-E Gold for sometime now. Playing an FPS title (and that occasional typing) is such an amazing experience! :D

Chaos Thanks for the clarification,Another option for OP is Razer Black widow keyboard but it's priced above 4k and the built quality is an issue.

If typing is your only concern, look no further than a TVSe Bharat Gold Mechanical Keyboard. I'm typing on it now and it feels great.

Chaos Thanks for the clarification,Another option for OP is Razer Black widow keyboard but it's priced above 4k and the built quality is an issue.

I dont know when people will let go the old myth that Razer products have quality issues, I have a Blackwidow for over a year now, not even a slightest-single problem, gone are the days of crappy mouses, razer have improved their built quality by arms length
Jakob, dont take it personally, just I dont want OP to not consider this option, because of a prevailing myth
Sure its pricey, but if you spend that much, you will not regret your choice

^Nothing personal,I hope Razer have improved their built quality,I was just speaking by the number of replacement cases razer had within 1 year of warranty or later.Many guys had to throw away their product cause of it.If OP wants to get it then it's all right by me.
I dont know when people will let go the old myth that Razer products have quality issues, I have a Blackwidow for over a year now, not even a slightest-single problem, gone are the days of crappy mouses, razer have improved their built quality by arms length
Jakob, dont take it personally, just I dont want OP to not consider this option, because of a prevailing myth

Nothing against razer - infact I use a deathadder and it has been working for the last 3 years. However the quality of iOne (razer blackwidow's oem) mechanical keyboards is not comparable to the ones made by costar. Its just simple facts - google for it and you'll find more info.

PS: Here's what the inside of the blackwidow looks like after a year. Look at all that rust.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=36519.90

I bought a Razer mouse 6 months back and it has some double-click issue. Checked online and found out that it's a very prevalent issue which Razer hasn't fixed as of yet.

I've stopped playing games as of late so I don't worry much about it, but when I'm doing the occasional editing in Photoshop it really irritates me.

I wish I would'hv read this thread earlier.. before purchasing blackwidow :(
though mine is still running perfect since one year. I'll definitely consider alternatives for next purchase

Back