Media Player Classic Equalizer plug-in

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
As the title suggests.I use Media Player classic for all my video playing purpose.The only major regret that I have with it is not having an Equalizer setting to it.Can anyone tell me if there is some sort of plug-in for it which I can download? Please do not suggest alternative players as I have all of them & frankly not much interested.:bleh:

I use FFDShow to play all my media files except, HD & MKV. FFDShow Audio has many option also has a inbuilt equalizer.............

with ffdshow...u need to configure ffdshow audio codec to play all types of files...chek ur ffdshow codec info for this...and then u can use the equalizer provided in the codec...

with ac3 filter...again u need to need to configure it to be used with all types of media...and then use the eq..

^I did that(or atleast I think I did).I enabled all the options under FFDShow Audio but what do I do after that? I mean where under WMPC should it reflect to configure the equalizer setting?

Could someone show a screenshot may be? :ashamed:

When u play a song u will see the FFDShow Audio decoder Icon right next to the clock on the taskbar. Double click it..

01jy8.jpg

The FFDShow Audio decoder configuration window will pop-up, scroll to equalizer and do not forget to tick on it or else it won't work. there are many other option's too u can also test those...

02xd0.jpg

^Thanks for the tip Andy.Thought I don't seem to get the icon in my taskbar for some reason.I can open it manually from K-Lite codec pack menu.I apply the winamp equaliser setting but it doesn't seem to make much sound difference.What could be the reason? I am playing a 720p clip.:S

Ethan_Hunt said:
^Thanks for the tip Andy.Thought I don't seem to get the icon in my taskbar for some reason.I can open it manually from K-Lite codec pack menu.I apply the winamp equaliser setting but it doesn't seem to make much sound difference.What could be the reason? I am playing a 720p clip.:S

Thats because ffdshow isn't handling your audio. Start ffdshow Audio Decoder Configuration. Click on codecs and set ffdshow to handle the codecs you it to handle. You should find the difference in sound once thats done.

I give up man.This is way too much work.I tried most of it & ended up screwing up the sound effect which I had initially in WMPC.Just managed to fix it luckily.

Anyway I was just tinkering around with KMPlayer & playing 300 in High Def.The player is awesome.But for some reason with 1080p files I am not having much luck.The video begins to go out of sync towards the end scenes of any 1080p clip.The start is fine but some of the end scenes lag badly.I know for sure the movies are fine as they play super smooth in MPC.But in KMPlayer for some reason it lags towards the end.If this problem is fixed I guess I can ditch MPC.:hap2:

Back