Video Medicos Help - Good Blood Pressure Monitor

Guys would like to buy my dad the blood pressure monitor for his birthday.

Requirements:
Easy to Use.
Digital model, as it is easy to get the info we need.
A easy to carry one.
Battery based, like AA or AAA, which is easier to get rather than the Bios Battery types.
A reputed Manufacturer backed with Warranty & After sales service.

Budget : 1k to 3k INR, though models above this range having additional & useful features are considered.

This is useful for us too since our sedentary lifestyle requires us to keep our health perfect. So TE folks in the medical field, please chip in your thoughts.

Saw many models, but as is the case of the health I am hesitant and confused to pick the model.

I prefer a mercury sphygmomanometer over digital ones as Digital are not so accurate. I have observed the BP rating to be +-20 using the Digital and Mercury units. Also using a Mercury sphygmomanometer is not so tough but only con is that you cannot check your BP on your own.

^

Yeah thats the problem. My dad is always out of town and since he has BP I wanted an easy apparatus to ensure he stays on the safe side.

uziel & adarsh

Thanks for omron. Can you pinpoint the model so that i can get a comparison.

As a doctor I would rely on Mercury Sphygmomanometer any day. digital are good but they can be used as a screening tool not a diagnostic tool.

I dont have much information about digital ones, but One advise I would give is, get your fathers Blood Pressure cross checked once in a while from a doctor.

So guys, I enquired on Omron Products & got the pricing on the following:

711 - 1500 + tax
Sem - I - 2500 + tax

Which one should I go for or are there any specific models to look out for

Back