Meet Micromax Bharat 1 4G VoLTE; Competitor to JioPhone

swatkats

Skilled
Micromax today launched Bharat-1, the company’s first 4G VoLTE feature phone in partnership with State-owned telecom operator BSNL to take on Reliance Jio’s JioPhone. It also comes with unlimited calling & unlimited data offer from BSNL at Rs. 97 per month, but the phone can be used on any network unlike the JioPhone.

Priced at Rs2,200, the phone will support 3G connection as well.

5GB High-Speed Data for 28 Days
So the first obvious question from many people is the data limit. Like Reliance Jio, BSNL is also limiting the data usage in the Rs. 97 tariff plan. This plan from BSNL gives high-speed data of 5GB, and after the FUP, speed will be reduced to 80 Kbps. That said, the data will function as 2G/3G data depending on your network availability.

Just 10 SMS Per Month
Although BSNL is not marketing the plan as unlimited SMS plan, it’s worth noting that the Rs. 97 plan offers a few SMSes as well for 28 days. BSNL is providing just 10 SMS per month for 28 days.

Unlimited Voice Calls [No Pun Intended]
BSNL is offering unlimited voice calls with this plan, which is a highlight thing. The Rs. 97 plan gives unlimited voice calls to any network for 28 days, and after 28 days, calls will be charged at Rs. 1/min for both off-net and on-net calls

Applicable Only for Micromax Bharat 1 Users
BSNL has made it clear that this tariff plan is not available for all BSNL subscribers, whereas it will be applicable only for Micromax Bharat 1 users.

Micromax-Bharat-1-768x763.jpg

Micromax Bharat-1 specifications
  • 2.4-inch (320 x 240 pixels) QVGA display
  • 1.1GHz Dual-Core Qualcomm 205 Mobile Platform (MSM8905) with Adreno 304 GPU
  • 512 MB RAM, 4GB internal storage, expandable memory up with microSD
  • Dual SIM
  • 2MP rear camera
  • 0.3MP (VGA) front camera
  • 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS, USB 2.0
  • 2000mAh battery
The Micromax Bharat-1 comes in Black color, is priced at Rs. 2200 and will be available across India starting 20th October.

Review: https://techenclave.com/community/threads/185648/page-2#post-2139497

Source: http://www.fonearena.com/blog/23241...hed-in-partnership-with-bsnl-for-rs-2200.html

http://www.micromaxinfo.com/mobile-phones/feature-phones/dual-sim-mobiles/bharat-1

PS: BSNL offer is only valid for 1 year.

Last edited:
i went to bsnl NOIDA office last evening.
the guy at counter was aware of this mobile but was not hopeful of getting it's stock any soon.
my only hope now is the karole bagh mobile mkt.[DOUBLEPOST=1508899920][/DOUBLEPOST]
^ do they support COD? If yes, put yourself in queue.
no COD option.
i didn't complete the order.

Last edited:
How is BSNL network in Delhi NCR?

It won't be worth it if the signal strength is worse than Jio...
I have dolphin sim which is what mtnl's gsm used to be called more than a decade ago. If you live in South Delhi then don't bother, last month or two i can hardly make a call. I'm porting it this week. Network has been getting worse every month and now it is even worse than jio(i have that too).
Good thing is that they won't disconnect your service even if you don't pay for 6 months. I think i went 8-9months and after that they disconnected it. They even have no minimum monthly charge for postpaid but im not sure if they still let you have that plan, i took the plan in 2005.

Last edited:
Back