Mesh Wifi systems

Just to be sure, you mean your router is separate and these two wifi are extending the network of the router? Im not sure what its called.
I don't think so that's what he said. He is using the Gigabit one as his primary router and the other one is extending the network of the first one.
I guess, to use a mesh network you have to use one of them as a primary node to which your ethernet wire connects.

No, I don't have separate router, my network just consists of iB-WRD12GM & iB-WRD12EM. My connection looks like below:

WAN <--> iB-WRD12GM ))))) iB-WRD12EM

<--> - Wired Connection
))))) - Wireless Connection
Is there anyway you could check if the following would work? Generally switching off DHCP on the iball and enabling DHCP only on router will enable this.

WAN <--> Router (routing & controlling traffic) >>> iB-WRD12GM (delivering mesh wifi) ))))) iB-WRD12EM (extending mesh wifi)

Basically those connected via lan to router, connected to wifi via iball etc will all show up in same big network..
Post automatically merged:

I don't think so that's what he said. He is using the Gigabit one as his primary router and the other one is extending the network of the first one.
I guess, to use a mesh network you have to use one of them as a primary node to which your ethernet wire connects.
I hope not. I really want to retain my R7000 :(

Is there anyway you could check if the following would work? Generally switching off DHCP on the iball and enabling DHCP only on router will enable this.

WAN <--> Router (routing & controlling traffic) >>> iB-WRD12GM (delivering mesh wifi) ))))) iB-WRD12EM (extending mesh wifi)

Basically those connected via lan to router, connected to wifi via iball etc will all show up in same big network..

I hope not. I really want to retain my R7000 :(

Well in that case you need to connect Gateway to Router via Lan cable. The configuration exists for Bridge Mode. Below is the help text for Bridge Mode in App:

In Bridge Mode, your node can access the internet only after being connected to a router with internet connectivity. In Bridge Mode, the guest network, parental control, port forwarding, UPnP, DNS, DHCP server and QOS functions unavailable.

It will look like below:

WAN <--> Router (routing & controlling traffic) <--> iB-WRD12GM (delivering mesh wifi) ))))) iB-WRD12EM (extending mesh wifi)

<--> - Wired LAN connection
))))) - Wireless connection

Well in that case you need to connect Gateway to Router via Lan cable. The configuration exists for Bridge Mode. Below is the help text for Bridge Mode in App:

It will look like below:

WAN <--> Router (routing & controlling traffic) <--> iB-WRD12GM (delivering mesh wifi) ))))) iB-WRD12EM (extending mesh wifi)

<--> - Wired LAN connection
))))) - Wireless connection
Omg thanks man. This article along with the text you posted form the router says it does exactly what I'm looking for. https://www.lifewire.com/how-network-bridges-work-816357

Well, I guess thats good news then.

Have been using 3 of them for the last few days and added a fourth yesterday. Its working great for me.

I just opened up one of the iBall routers, its a clear replica of the Tenda 3. Even has the same PCB ID.

Will post pics later.
People have revied saying that some have even got a few with Tenda firmware that works with tenda app lmao :D
Would be great if we can flash Tenda firmware too and use the Tenda app. Would be supported much longer. Would you be brave enough to try flashing one with Tenda firmware?

The question to ask tho is, why isnt Tenda pricing them same if not better? :(

I can confirm that iBall mesh routers works with Tenda WIfi App. Basically iBall app is clone of Tenda wifi app with same functionalities. Also iB-WRD12GM is getting detected as Tenda Mesh3 and iB-WRD12EM is getting detached as Tenda Nova.

I believe iB-WRD12GM ~ Tenda MW6 & iB-WRD12EM ~ Tenda MW3

Last edited:
I can confirm that iBall mesh routers works with Tenda WIfi App. Basically iBall app is clone of Tenda wifi app with same functionalities. Also iB-WRD12GM is getting detected as Tenda Mesh3 and iB-WRD12EM is getting detached as Tenda Nova.

Then everything here including reviews, applies to them I guess. https://www.amazon.com/Tenda-MW3-80...07H6KS5VK/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Checking various reviews, few things I've gathered is that these are terrible to run as routers. You need a router and use these in Bridge mode.

WIRED BACKHAUL in a bridge setup.
Quoting a user here -
"I forgot to check in and mention I figured out the ethernet backhaul issue; and it can be a bit confusing.

It requires that all nodes (that want to participate in eth backhaul) must connect through the 2nd "local" port.

In a DHCP setup that seems natural since the internet port is occupied by the internet connection. However, in a bridged situation or when dealing with satellite nodes where both ports are essentially local it may become non-obvious. For bridged connections both the master node and all additional nodes must all use the 2nd ethernet port; leave the internet port disconnected." https://www.snbforums.com/threads/tenda-mw6-nova-whole-home-mesh-wifi-system-reviewed.44522/page-2

WIRED BACKHAUL in a normal setup.
This is simple, you let them all connect wirelessly and then connect them via ethernet to use wired backhaul.

Last edited:
Well for me, I don't need advanced setup. I just want a setup which can cover my entire apartment with wifi and this achieves that. Hence I am happy with the setup.

It is really a great news if the iball is a Tenda!

I will have the Gigabit version connected to the WAN and then 3 nodes connected wireless one in each floor. I do not intend to connect these 3 nodes and the gigabit main node with LAN cable. I do not really care for upload speeds. What is the impact of speed when connecting 3 nodes to the main node? Will download speed drop from each node?

Main Node (inside the 2nd floor Home theater room) --> First node (outside the Home Theater room) --> Second node (First Floor) --> Third Node (Ground Floor).

I agree, but so far its working great and for the price its a steal. Anyway for me wired is kind of impossible with the main one being on the ground floor and the other three on the second floor. there is no wiring in between them that I can pull and add an ethernet cable.

Ordered 1 gigabit and 1 normal for a friend. Will test it before I give it to him.
Unfortunately Amazon only let me order 1 each. Thats the max quantity.

Going to do a normal check at my place, but for the friend its going to be in bridged mode

Ordered 1 gigabit and 1 normal for a friend. Will test it before I give it to him.
Unfortunately Amazon only let me order 1 each. Thats the max quantity.

Going to do a normal check at my place, but for the friend its going to be in bridged mode

You could have used multiple accounts same day or ordered across multiple days.

Thanks. Did you have to do any extra settings out of the box?

Thanks. Did you have to do any extra settings out of the box?
Setup was supereasy using App. First node (gateway) automatically detached my ISP connection as PPPoE when I connected the WAN cable and prompted me to enter User Id and Password and that's it. It connected and WiFi started working. Added the second node to network using App and it didn't require any config. Totally it was an affair of 15 mins.

Setup was supereasy using App. First node (gateway) automatically detached my ISP connection as PPPoE when I connected the WAN cable and prompted me to enter User Id and Password and that's it. It connected and WiFi started working. Added the second node to network using App and it didn't require any config. Totally it was an affair of 15 mins.
You did this on TENDA app?

Back