Mesh Wifi systems

The only thing missing in the app I feel is a way to restart all the routers at once. With ACT sometimes this is neccessary.

I have a hathway internet connection. Would this mesh router work for the same ? My home is spread across 3 floors (2 living floors and 1 terrace+small room). I use a ZTE router given by hathway for my current internet. Wifi is available only in the living floors and that too weak at many spots. With WFH becoming a norm, I am thinking of upgrading the connectivity inside the house.

Since iball is tenda (rebranded) and assuming some of you have this going, can i order the combination mentioned above ?

I have a hathway internet connection. Would this mesh router work for the same ? My home is spread across 3 floors (2 living floors and 1 terrace+small room). I use a ZTE router given by hathway for my current internet. Wifi is available only in the living floors and that too weak at many spots. With WFH becoming a norm, I am thinking of upgrading the connectivity inside the house.

Since iball is tenda (rebranded) and assuming some of you have this going, can i order the combination mentioned above ?

It does not matter who your ISP is. All this router takes in is a LAN Cable from the Hathway Router to the WAN port of the iBall Router.

Thanks @skoka123. How is the performance of the iBall router after using it for so many months ? Considering this is a long term investment, does it make sense to stick with iBall or go with a bigger brand like netgear or even tplink ?

thanks for your help

Thanks @skoka123. How is the performance of the iBall router after using it for so many months ? Considering this is a long term investment, does it make sense to stick with iBall or go with a bigger brand like netgear or even tplink ?

thanks for your help

A you sow so you reap, the saying goes. I bought the Gigabit version for 1.5K and the non Gigabit version for 1K. For that price it is a great value for money. Of course, I need to restart once in 2 to 3 days when speeds get bogged down. The signal strength is pretty good. I am now thinking of running a Cat 6/7 cable between the mesh routers for better speeds.

Overall, I am pretty happy for what I have paid. Sure, there are much better models for a much higher price if you are looking for long term investment.

I have long given up on the idea of long term investment when it comes to technology. Technology changes every 2 to 3 years and Moore's law keeps reminding you of it often. I suggest you buy what you can afford now with a horizon no longer than 3 years.

Back