Android Mi A1 - No 4g/3g and weird network issues

puneet.darji

Disciple
Hi folks,

I had bought Mi A1(64GB) from the first sale of it year back in september. Exactly 1 yr after it has started showing some weird network (Vodafone) issues. 2 weeks back I was in my office in Vikhroli (Mumbai), now usually I have very good connection no issues in 4g or 3g either with call or data but this particular day suddenly in afternoon mobile showed no network (I keep network as 3g) at all. I thought probably some small software issue or network issue i restarted my mobile, but still no network. After this below are the sequence of events and activities I did:
  1. Day 1 Switched to 4g - Data working perfectly fine but calls not going through though it switches to 3g network and shows full network bar
  2. Switch to 3g - no network
  3. Switch to 2g - Data and call works perfect
  4. I thought probably issue in this area so thought will check out once again after reaching home
  5. Reached home and checked again same issues as 1,2 & 3 above
  6. Removed sim, waited for 30 , put back again - same issues
  7. Put my sim in another mobile - data/call & 4g/3g/2g works perfect
  8. Put another sim in my mobile - same issues
  9. By this time i thought issue seems to be in mobile but still to give benefit of doubt I decided to change the sim next day
  10. Day 2 on my way to office (Vikhroli) I checked my mobile again with my sim and everything is working perfectly fine as nothing as happened
  11. Reached office - same issues back again
  12. Day 3 changed sim - same issues
  13. Factory reset mobile and update to latest patches available - same issues
  14. Day 4 visited vodafone gallery to raise concern. but there everything was working fine. But still I explained them the issue and raised the complaint.
  15. Day 5 visited Mi service center - working fine here as well - they do the binary update - works fine but issues crops up again
Now in this ordeal what I have observed is that this issue comes only in 2 location i.e at my home and at my office in between or any other place everything works fine. I have almost decided to change my mobile. But still I want to know what and where is the issue as I'm not able to pin point either to vodafone or mobile. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Day 3 changed sim - same issues

Do you mean you put SIM of any other provider ? If not, do try that.

Now in this ordeal what I have observed is that this issue comes only in 2 location i.e at my home and at my office
Quite strange but might be possible that Vodafone having some tower re-arrangement. OTOH, any one else with Voda SIM at your office or home having same issue ?

My suggestion would be to negate issue of SIM entirely before switching phones.

Try airtel at both locations as they have strongest network of all and even works flawlessly even on a dumbass phone.
And doing so dont fiddle with 2g 3g 4g modes. Keep it auto. Once you sure the other operator sim seems to work good then try playing around.
You will catch the culprit: area, Vodafone or your phone.

Do you mean you put SIM of any other provider ? If not, do try that.
No. I had put Vodafone sim only.

Quite strange but might be possible that Vodafone having some tower re-arrangement. OTOH, any one else with Voda SIM at your office or home having same issue ?

My suggestion would be to negate issue of SIM entirely before switching phones.
In my office and home other vodafone works perfectly fine. In my home itself I have 3 other vodafone numbers which are working fine.

I had a similar issue, but this was at the time of purchase itself, and thanks to another issue of open box, I got a new piece. Your issue seems to be network related since it has been working for over a year.

So, I tried changing sim of different vendor in my mobile (Jio and airtel) both worked fine. Decided to port myself to airtel and check out. No sooner I put in sms for port I received 3 calls from vodafone in 1 hr succession mentioning your issue is being looked into and your number is kept for optimisation, blah blah blah..Where was such service before porting request?

Anyways hope all goes good after porting.

Dump Vodafone its crap shit anyways. I'm sure even idea is gonna suffer due to the merger.
Airtel is best in todays world just keep an eye on its money stealing and improper bills.

So, I tried changing sim of different vendor in my mobile (Jio and airtel) both worked fine. Decided to port myself to airtel and check out. No sooner I put in sms for port I received 3 calls from vodafone in 1 hr succession mentioning your issue is being looked into and your number is kept for optimisation, blah blah blah..Where was such service before porting request?

Anyways hope all goes good after porting.

Hahahahahahah

Similar issues from Airtel and that too for a postpaid customer. Mi A1 as well. They used to blame the phone...

Then switched to a Pixel and iPhone and still tried the trick, and I gave them the finger by porting out...

Hi,

This ordeal is getting worse. Like I mentioned in my earlier posts that vodafone have started calling me on daily basis to inquire and get feedback that why I'm porting out, is your query resolved, et. etc. Initial 2-3 calls I gave my feedback why I'm porting out afterwards in next subsequent calls I just plainly mention that I have already provided my feedback in previous calls and it remains the same, representative agree and disconnect the call. Today again I received the call and said the same thing, to he gave me threat if you cannot provide feedback we cannot port you out sorry and bang disconnected the call. Bloody thugs!

I have raised my concern over twitter. Will my porting get cancelled?

Hi,

This ordeal is getting worse. Like I mentioned in my earlier posts that vodafone have started calling me on daily basis to inquire and get feedback that why I'm porting out, is your query resolved, et. etc. Initial 2-3 calls I gave my feedback why I'm porting out afterwards in next subsequent calls I just plainly mention that I have already provided my feedback in previous calls and it remains the same, representative agree and disconnect the call. Today again I received the call and said the same thing, to he gave me threat if you cannot provide feedback we cannot port you out sorry and bang disconnected the call. Bloody thugs!

I have raised my concern over twitter. Will my porting get cancelled?
As far as you have no dues towards your old provider they cannot cancel/hold the Porting.

Tell Vodafone to f**koff for good. And instead threaten them you will bad mouth & make sure other suffers too will shift to a better network owing to the most pathetic network.

This is what I did straight in the face of nodal officer then she herself stfu for good, being sorry & suggesting me to port anytime I want as my issue is a big bang theory for them since past 8 months :D

Back