Budget 10-15K Mi A1 worth it?

I used the phone for a few days and while the phone and general performance were both impressive, I wasn't impressed.

This is purely personal. One, after having used several skins on android (predominantly samsung and sony) I find the stock a tad too feature starved.

The lack of a multicolour LED notification light is a deal breaker for me. I find it extremely useful. The always on display works but led colours for different contacts and all is something that is irreplaceable for me.

For everything else, the phone gets a go from me.

I used the phone for a few days and while the phone and general performance were both impressive, I wasn't impressed.

This is purely personal. One, after having used several skins on android (predominantly samsung and sony) I find the stock a tad too feature starved.

The lack of a multicolour LED notification light is a deal breaker for me. I find it extremely useful. The always on display works but led colours for different contacts and all is something that is irreplaceable for me.

For everything else, the phone gets a go from me.

So what's your recommendation under 15k?

So what's your recommendation under 15k?

Like I already said. This phone is good. It is recommended. For me, I need the notification light and stuff. The OP might not have an issue with it. If the latest OS is not an issue, maybe the Honor 7x? I think it has coloured LED. I am not sure about it though.

Like I already said. This phone is good. It is recommended. For me, I need the notification light and stuff. The OP might not have an issue with it. If the latest OS is not an issue, maybe the Honor 7x? I think it has coloured LED. I am not sure about it though.

What phone did you get? Even I don't like phones without led. Can't makeout if I missed calls or messages or notifications anymore without switching on display.

What phone did you get? Even I don't like phones without led. Can't makeout if I missed calls or messages or notifications anymore without switching on display.

I did not get any phone. I am still waiting for something that catches my fancy. I am getting rid of most of my devices currently. I plan to keep one phone (maybe two) and one tablet. I currently have 5 phones and 5 tablets. And each phone I have is a flagship (none of them current though).

Honestly, I was considering not wasting anymore money on flagships (thought I got all of mine for under 30k). I was seriously considering the V10 (Honor), but the lack of waterproofing is stopping me (not to mention the camera). I am looking at the A8+, but coming with Nougat is a no-no.

I am a Note fan, but was mighty unimpressed with the Note 8 (I have a Note 3 and a Note 10.1 2014 Tablet). The present one just seems somehow unfinished (not the hardware or the software alone, but the Wow factor I had when I first used the OG Note and Note 3 simply was missing with this one).

I know I did not directly answer your question, but that is the only answer I have.

If you are curious: Xperia Z Ultra, Note 3, LG V10, S6, Tab S2 8.0 are the devices that I most use along with iPhone 6 Plus, Lenovo Yoga 10.1 (Windows), Lenovo S850, Dell Venue 8 Pro (Windows)

Xperia launcher is still the best among all phones. Neatly arranged and tons of inbuilt options to tweak.
And yes the recent non availability of led indicator is a big turn off for me.
Have seen recent phones who don't even have charging led indicator.

Mi A1 is quite a good telephone model for its price. You will hardly find anything better for this money. I have already taken it for granted the fact thtat Xiaomi produce ideal phones for for the price they are launched for sale.

Grab it guys in just 14k INR. I think it is an amazing and worthy price as compared with the camera and CPU. You have a good chance to purchase a beautiful phone for you in such an amount. Am I right folks in this regard?

Back