Mi TV 4A club

Any Mi TV 4A users here ? I use the 43 inch version. Which all apps you use ? Any alternatives to inbuilt YouTube app ? Back button doesn't work on it.[DOUBLEPOST=1532253806][/DOUBLEPOST]Someone need to ask for a better YouTube app. Is Aptoide TV the only way out ? Does Amazon app store have TV ready YouTube app ?

Last edited:
Installed Amazon app store. It is full of games and looks more like a place where you can find app promotions. Definitely not a place where you will find useful apps.

Today, a technician taught me how to hard reset Mi TV. Just press the power button in TV and Home and Options buttons in remote simultaneously. Almost like what we do on a mobile phone.

How did you install apps ? Do you have a decent YouTube app now ?[DOUBLEPOST=1532347850][/DOUBLEPOST]
yeah youtube is working perfectly fine , even jiotv. I think I downloaded youtube either from the internet or may be from aptitodetv something, i can help with apk if u want.

Nicely done by Xiaomi. No update for early adopters. What are they going to do now ? Make us do an exchange offer for Mi TV Pro ?

They announced 3 new models yesterday. They also said that the older models will be updated next year. It will now run Official Android TV which means you will get play store access, official youtube app, voice search etc.

They also said that the older models will be updated next year

I missed this part. Can you refer to a source, please.

It will now run Official Android TV which means you will get play store access, official youtube app, voice search etc.

From what I read, it is still Patchwall with all the bells and whistles[DOUBLEPOST=1538210988][/DOUBLEPOST]This video says it is an pure Android TV with Patchwall option

Last edited:
I missed this part. Can you refer to a source, please.

From what I read, it is still Patchwall with all the bells and whistles[DOUBLEPOST=1538210988][/DOUBLEPOST]This video says it is an pure Android TV with Patchwall option

Yes, it is patchwall with Android TV as the base unlike earlier. The older models will get the same version next year. It was mentioned by the presenter during the live event.

55:57 min mark of that video.

Since it's Android TV you can change the launcher to something else. You can even sideload apps directly.

Back