Mi4 launched and listed in flipkart

The Mi4 64GB at 24K is a better and "safer" alternative than the One Plus One,
considering OnePlus has little to no presence in India but Xiaomi has a little.
Xiaomi Phones will get MIUI updates for at least the next year (they still roll updates for Mi2), but One Plus on the other hand is still struggling with OxygenOS.

But I for one would have like to see Mi4 64GB at 18K and 16GB at 14K, keeping with the rates they had for the MI3.

The Mi4 64GB at 24K is a better and "safer" alternative than the One Plus One,
considering OnePlus has little to no presence in India but Xiaomi has a little.
Xiaomi Phones will get MIUI updates for at least the next year (they still roll updates for Mi2), but One Plus on the other hand is still struggling with OxygenOS.

But I for one would have like to see Mi4 64GB at 18K and 16GB at 14K, keeping with the rates they had for the MI3.

Exactly, that's the point ... MI4 is overpriced (quite a bit actually) when compared to OPO. So, not worth it IMHO

Does Fk have a refund policy similar to Amazon where essentially you can get a refund if you don't like it (technically "defective"), no questions asked? Something along those lines would help as I'm confused between the Honor 6 & Mi4.

Don't they already? I mean I bought a OPO from amazon recently and applied for refund .. it took 2 clicks and bam! got the refund after the initial pickup. Easy. Thought flipkart have that aswell? :eek:

Don't they already? I mean I bought a OPO from amazon recently and applied for refund .. it took 2 clicks and bam! got the refund after the initial pickup. Easy. Thought flipkart have that aswell? :eek:
The terms on their site state that they have a replacement policy, not a refund policy. So-
1. I can't order a Mi4 & return it to buy a Honor 6 theoretically, if I don't like it, let's say. Not sure how it's implemented in practice.
2. It is a bit of an effort to convince them of defects in the product is what I've heard.

Imo, it's a must having a no questions asked refund policy for online products, especially online exclusives, because one cannot gauge quality from videos or pics alone.

The terms on their site state that they have a replacement policy, not a refund policy. So-
1. I can't order a Mi4 & return it to buy a Honor 6 theoretically, if I don't like it, let's say. Not sure how it's implemented in practice.
2. It is a bit of an effort to convince them of defects in the product is what I've heard.

Amazon doesn't have replacement policy. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I hate it. Now my xbox one controller is giving a problem with a key and i just want to replace it, but the website gives only refund policy. So If I have to buy another controller , it's a process of total 10 days (as no in a guarntee in my pincode). So sometimes it screws me :(

Amazon doesn't have replacement policy. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I hate it. Now my xbox one controller is giving a problem with a key and i just want to replace it, but the website gives only refund policy. So If I have to buy another controller , it's a process of total 10 days (as no in a guarntee in my pincode). So sometimes it screws me :(
Kinda one of those 'One man's food, another's poison' situations, isn't it? :)

Bought 1s for Relative in last sale Got a compalin from him yesterday that touch screen not responding and go to fk app and requested to Replace it asap and there i mentioned Touch is not working got a mail for conformation of replaced shipped and this all was in one and half an hour :)

Bought 1s for Relative in last sale Got a compalin from him yesterday that touch screen not responding and go to fk app and requested to Replace it asap and there i mentioned Touch is not working got a mail for conformation of replaced shipped and this all was in one and half an hour :)
Ah, replacement. Not a refund, :(. That is what I was getting at. I'd like an option for a refund, at least in case of online exclusives such as the Zenfones, Motos, Xiaomis etc. because you never know what it looks or feels like until you see it in person.

I asked Amazon when I was returning my Oneplus .
CC guy told me that they cannot give replacement due to FDI rule and they can only give refund.
I don't know what is the main logic behind all this.
Maybe bcz of some tax issue.

Small form factor
Better build quality
Better camera(Quality and Features)
Better software support(Cynogenmod is a dicey bet at this juncture).

Infrared module.

Just like some other flagship phones from Samsung /lg although I have my doubts if it actually works/how it works.

Nice.....well its a slight bit heavier than the Mi3, but I am really liking the smaller dimensions and thinner bezels. Back may not be scratch proof in this case though. I wonder if screen protectors are available.

Seems a bit snippier as well in the performance space.

Last edited:
@mav2000 Could you please check if the phone warms up after ~10-15 minutes of casual gameplay like Candy Crush, or say, 5 minutes of continuous video recording?

I tried 4 Oneplus Ones & all of them warmed up "abnormally" in my opinion. (Cpu temps of ~55C & battery temps of ~38C after 15 minutes of Candy Crush. Similar temps on Subway Surfers & Asphalt 8). I created a thread about the temps on the 1+ forums here - https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...r-opo-normal-or-abnormal.233102/#post-8926847

So I'm curious to know if the Mi4 is similar in that respect (aka it's to be expected of a Snapdragon 801). Would really appreciate if you could run the same apps as in that thread linked above for similar amounts of time & post your cpu & battery temps.

Having said that, I can totally understand if you can't because it is indeed a time consuming process. But do post your general impressions regarding heating with casual gameplay, general tasks etc.

Thanks! Much appreciated.

@mav2000 Could you please check if the phone warms up after ~10-15 minutes of casual gameplay like Candy Crush, or say, 5 minutes of continuous video recording?

I tried 4 Oneplus Ones & all of them warmed up "abnormally" in my opinion. (Cpu temps of ~55C & battery temps of ~38C after 15 minutes of Candy Crush. Similar temps on Subway Surfers & Asphalt 8). I created a thread about the temps on the 1+ forums here - https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...r-opo-normal-or-abnormal.233102/#post-8926847

So I'm curious to know if the Mi4 is similar in that respect (aka it's to be expected of a Snapdragon 801). Would really appreciate if you could run the same apps as in that thread linked above for similar amounts of time & post your cpu & battery temps.

Having said that, I can totally understand if you can't because it is indeed a time consuming process. But do post your general impressions regarding heating with casual gameplay, general tasks etc.

Thanks! Much appreciated.

I have used a lot of phones in the past few years and let me tell you that it is normal for the phones to heat up. Unless your experience is getting laggy (CPU/GPU throttling) you have nothing to worry about. Nearly all my phones used to heat up quite a lot and that has never diminished the user experience in any way. I hope you can get over this apprehension of yours otherwise you won't be able to enjoy any of your new purchases.
P.S. - All metal body phones will feel more hot as compared to plastic ones but that just means they are dissipating heat better.

Back