Mi4 launched and listed in flipkart

I have used a lot of phones in the past few years and let me tell you that it is normal for the phones to heat up. Unless your experience is getting laggy (CPU/GPU throttling) you have nothing to worry about. Nearly all my phones used to heat up quite a lot and that has never diminished the user experience in any way. I hope you can get over this apprehension of yours otherwise you won't be able to enjoy any of your new purchases.
P.S. - All metal body phones will feel more hot as compared to plastic ones but that just means they are dissipating heat better.
Normal for current phones to heat up with even casual games within 10-15 minutes? That's concerning then, isn't it?

I was getting a bit worried because of this - http://www.gizmochina.com/2014/12/26/meizu-mx4-pro-vs-huawei-honor-6-plus-vs-xiaomi-mi4-heat-test/ (Of course, no idea about authenticity &/or other factors that may influence results/readings).

But if, as you say, it's the norm, I'm probably going to have to re-think buying a high-specced phone.

Yes it does warm up, but so did the Mi3. In fact the Mi3 warms up a bit more than the Mi4 in my opinion.

The camera, specially the front facing one is really superb. BTW, does anyone know where we can get the replaceable back covers in India?

Try allphoneunlock on ebay. Try giving them a call on their number listed on ebay. They have loads of Mi products including official cases...

Yes it does warm up, but so did the Mi3. In fact the Mi3 warms up a bit more than the Mi4 in my opinion.

The camera, specially the front facing one is really superb. BTW, does anyone know where we can get the replaceable back covers in India?
Hi! So does it warm up a bit during browsing & such or only with casual games? Thanks.

Just bought the back battery cover from ebay. Was quite cheap, so I really dont know what to expect. From the videos I have seen, taking off the back with a sucker is very easy. So let me try it this weekend and will keep you guys posted.

If this does work for me, then I will take the plunge and buy a wood back cover as I kind of like the look and feel of that. I wish there was a good aluminium one as well.

On another note, my sim card tray just wont open. I guess its because I used an adapter with a nano sim. Now I cant change my sim out.

Any idea on this guys?

Got my mi4 today, thanks to @veera_champ

Opened the box , inserted my sim in the phone and bam! No sim detected. Tried restarting , reinserting but nothing worked. Finally inserting a different micro SIM card satisfied the finicky sim tray. (I have faced similar "no sim detected" messages in other xiaomi phones so probably a common theme being followed here )

I used an OPO before this so most of my impressions will be from that perspective. Also my regular work phone is an iPhone 5c.

- beautiful screen, definitely better then OPO, excellent color reproduction, screen sensitivity.
- camera UI is crazy excellent , and offers semi manual control for things like focus,exposure,Wb,ISO. Unfortunately IQ appears to be similar to one plus one which is not exactly encouraging sign. My years old iPhone 5 does take better pictures esp indoors.
- call quality is solid, both volume and timbre, so is the signal radios. Way better then one plus one. I did not like the earpiece in one plus one at all .

- the back cover is slippery. And the design while attractive to me, does look a bit too much Samsungy and iPhoney. OPO looked much more unique with its beautiful curve and that back.

- overall though the phone is very handy. I will argue that along with g2 it is the most balanced size in the market for one handed use. I want all phones in the future to be under 140 mm in length if possible.

Trying to find time , will post a review and one on one with one Plus one of possible.[DOUBLEPOST=1423842437][/DOUBLEPOST]@mav2000 never use a SIM card adaptor in xiaomi phones. Folks have damaged their mi3 in that way. Now that you have already done it try opening the tray partially and use a pair of tweezers or forceps to get the sim out.

I actually used the one plus for a short time yesterday and leaving customisations aside, I find the overall software a lot more pleasing to use on the Mi4.

I got like 3 Oneplus One earlier out of which 2 of them were having dead pixels and one is having constant buzzing noise in earpiece speaker. Thats the sole reason i didn't gone with another OPO purchase, finally bought the mi4 in the flipkart first sale.
I love fluid UI experience and good battery life, Oneplus is leagues ahead in terms on battery backup than mi4, i got upto 8hrs+ screen time on OPO on a single charge whereas the mi4 is lasting almost at half most of the with same usage. Sometime it gives like 1hrs+ SOT just with 10% battery drain in Mi4 but it can be due to poor optimization of battery stats. The max SOT i got on a single charge with Mi4 is hardly 5hrs 26min that too if i kept my phone on 2G network. I have to force flipkart now to give me a refund which i doubt they will.

Got mi4 last week. Leaving the comparison with opo aside I loved the phone. But apps like watsapp and Viber aren't working when on mobile data. They work fine when on WiFi though.
How can I overcome this issue??

Back