Mi4 launched and listed in flipkart

I think if sales for 16gb don't pick up then Xiaomi would be obliged to provide a 64gb. That said, as you pointed out,it could take a month or two to bring in 64gb models.
Regarding build and heating, i think both would be good as they are premium devices although I may be a lil biased towards Honor 6. I have used Mi3 and didn't face any issues whatsoever so assuming same for Mi4.
You can check feedback about Honor 6 from FK HERE which are mostly positive. :)
Thanks for the reply.

I had bought 4 1+ Ones & all of them heated up (at least in my book) with even casual games. Many on the 1+ forums said that it's to be expected of the Snapdragon 801. That coupled with my experience of the Xiaomi Redmi 1s (which heats up even on a SD 400) makes me a bit wary of the Mi4.

Having said that, however, I don't have any previous experience with flagships. So maybe I'm expecting too much? But then there's also this to confuse matters - http://www.gizmochina.com/2014/12/26/meizu-mx4-pro-vs-huawei-honor-6-plus-vs-xiaomi-mi4-heat-test/

This is where I'm missing Amazon's return policy. :(. The Lenovo Vibe X2, Honor 6 & Mi4 are all on FK, where I don't think returns are as easy.

Has anyone got an invite as yet for the sale? I applied on flipkart and mi but have got no reply till now.
There won't be an invite. Instead there will be a flash sale on the 10th of Feb at 2 pm. Right now, all you need to ensure is that you have registered.

1. Essentially, you will need to log in to your FK a/c an hour or so earlier.
2. Next, at about 3-4 minutes before 2pm, go to the sale page. Refresh the page a couple of times or so.
3. Start hammering the left click on your mouse about 30 seconds before 2 pm (mouse pointer should be aimed at countdown timer as that's where the 'Buy Now' button will appear at 2 pm) & don't stop until you get some message from the page.
4. Pray!

Tip: Create as many accounts as the no. of devices that can access internet at your home & ask mom, dad, bro, sis, friend, neighbours' kids to join you in button mashing, :).

Tip#2: There are usually some browser scripts/plugins/hacks which supposedly add the phone to your cart automatically. (Has worked for some in the past). You could try those as well.

Tip#3: If unsuccessful, come back on TE & request kind TE souls for a Cod order.

HTH.

Last edited:
Most phones and tablets heat up a bit esp when charging or doing intensive tasks like streaming a hi res video over a cellular connection or running a torrent client ( strange, but I know friends who do it).
It happens on my iPad,iPhone, OPO. Even on cousins Samsung (gs5-exynos).

While I have not personally used an honor 6 , my friend does have the phone, and I don't remember him particularly mentioning about the heating part. But then given that he is an average user at best, and also an overnight charger, I don't think heating issues will bother him.
In honor 6, what he likes is that the phone is pretty compact , has an above average battery life , an okayish camera. But it does look pretty normal , maybe even downmarket , which actually maybe a desired feature for some.

That vibe x2 in Orange is such a good looking phone and dual sim too I think. Might buy it just because it looks like that but that Lenevo UI is such a disaster and trolling Chinese forums for custom roms is a hard job.

P.s
I think I am in seriously OT territory here and on auto babble mode

^Thanks for the babbling, :p. I found it helpful. & I don't see discussing Mi4's competition as too much of an OT, tbh.

I think I will wait for the 64gb version. Makes more sense at 4k more. I wish they had a dual sim version. I am so tempted to buy the Mi note.

Small form factor
Better build quality
Better camera(Quality and Features)
Better software support(Cynogenmod is a dicey bet at this juncture).

Miui is actually a pleasure to use. And this is from someone who has been using apple for the last 2 gens. Trust me, if you are an apple fan, you will surely like Miui. And like switch said above, a whole lot of other reasons.

Does Fk have a refund policy similar to Amazon where essentially you can get a refund if you don't like it (technically "defective"), no questions asked? Something along those lines would help as I'm confused between the Honor 6 & Mi4.

Also, how good is a pen drive connected to a phone vis USB for music, movies? As good as microsd in a phone? Just thinking of workarounds for the 16gb limitation.

Thanks!

Back