Micromax launches their first ICS 4 tablet

after ordering the funbook, i'm thinking about buying a 10" allwinner tab, as my main usage would be to read comics on it.. assuming that my order gets cancelled from ncarry..

anyways, after searching, i've found out this eken tab as the cheapest allwinner tab with ips display:

http://www.pandawill.com/eken-a90-t...8gb-dual-camera-2160p-hdmi-silver-p60167.html

but i'm afraid about the customs, i won't be able to afford if the custom officers issue a large amount on it.. can anyone guide me here and also, if i reject the parcel, would i be able to get the refund from pandawill..?

Received mail from Ncarry that they are short of supply from Micromax.therefore they are not able to dispatch it on 4th april.( I ordered on 3rd April).The hope they can dispatch it after 10th of April.planning to cancel my order and wait for Google Tablet which comes out in june

The good thing about this tablet is that

a. Its from a brand(however small but still a national brand)

b. IT DOESNT LOOK HIDEOUS. The back side of Nxg and Veedee are hideous. the silver one on this is better!

I don't like how those buttons on the front look.
<

But yeah as you mentioned, it's branded.

@Hackboy89- Which payment option you have chosed, while ordering from ncarry??

Why from pandawill if you can easily buy from ebay, but the cost will be on higher side. But still worth, if you dont want the hassle of importing.

Btw. check this Onda Vi40 Elite 9.7'' IPS panel tablet.

http://www.ebay.in/i...=item4ab463e2b2

the only reason that i was thinking of buying from pandawill was my low budget.. so, i think that i'm gonna settle with the funbook as 16k is way outta my budget..

anyways, i love the funbook, it's just that the screen is 7" but still, it's a beast.. btw, i paid using credit card.. i'm calling them right now to inquire about my order..

just got off the phone with them, my order will be dispatched by tomorrow and he also told me that we'd have to pay 500 bucks for the activation of tata photon dongle..

and i'm not able to figure out why are they all claiming it to be a made in india tablet??

@comp@ddict, for sure mate.. just let it reach me..

after ordering the funbook, i'm thinking about buying a 10" allwinner tab, as my main usage would be to read comics on it.. assuming that my order gets cancelled from ncarry..

anyways, after searching, i've found out this eken tab as the cheapest allwinner tab with ips display:

http://www.pandawill...ver-p60167.html

but i'm afraid about the customs, i won't be able to afford if the custom officers issue a large amount on it.. can anyone guide me here and also, if i reject the parcel, would i be able to get the refund from pandawill..?

I actually got a quote for a similar tab, all same specs, just a 7" IPS screen...1GB RAM, dual camera, 8GB..it costs around 11k(for 1 tab), if you guys are interested I could arrange a GO...so might be cheaper

here is the link to that tab : http://www.onda-sale.com/onda-vi10-elite-version-tablet-pc-android-4-0-cortex-a8-a10-7-inch-capacitive-onda-vi10-8gb.html

L
et me know if you guys are interested..

and i'm not able to figure out why are they all claiming it to be a made in india tablet??

probably assembled here..?

micro max is not using a A10 chipset , the same outer casing does not make it the same chip , clocked at 1.2 its a vimicro used by Zync / HCL or a RK 2918 chip.

so what to do now..??

and what about the gpu? Is it mali 400 or another one?

I'll be deducted 500bucks for cancelling the order, i''m not sure if i should buy this one or an allwinner chip tab..

1. The allwinner / vimicro / rockchip most perform at par levels only if clocked at the same speeds. this is the a10/vc882/rk2918

2. the higher clock of the A10 @ 1.2 for the micromax will also leave it at the same levels .

3. No standard usb port / 512mb ram will have a lag on the current 4.0 platforms

4. all the vimicro and a10 use the same 400 mali chipset. were as the rockchip is using the gc800 gpu in it.

all said all done vc882 / a10 are at the same levels if clocked at the same speeds. also the 2800 mah battery could be a reason for the lower clock speeds as or else it would lead to poor battery life.

nice info mate, though i've cancelled my order and gonna go for veedee d10, just in case..

the guys at ncarry are really unco-operative at best, they were like creating a scam or something and wanted to just retain the order.. giving bullshit all along..

Back