Micromax plans to do a Xiaomi, launches new brand 'Yu'

avi

Skilled
NEW DELHI: Micromax, India's No 2 handset vendor, plans to do a Xiaomi by launching a new range of products under the brandname 'Yu' which will be sold and serviced exclusively online starting December 2014.

The first product, to be launched under a newly-floated wholly-owned unit, Yu Televentures, will be a smartphone with operating system from US-based Cyanogen through which the company aims to move beyond the business of mobile phone hardware that has become more or less standardized ..

source: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/45190996.cms

1)Micromax is currently India's leading handset seller.
2)MMX is trying to do more of a oneplus One kind of act rather than Xiaomi.

But anyways... Good for MMX business. This is again going to affect Samsung the most but it will hurt other players also who are somehow struggling to make their space in the entry level market.
MMX has got feature phone... the very cheap ones... They have the entry level phones with stone age specs....
Then they have the Android One series...offering vanilla Android at very decent price. and then they do have the mid level phones costing from 11k to 19k.
They have truly spread themselves all over the market... catering to any kind of customer.... (except for the high end and flagship devices) But again I believe the reason for it being their main target currently in dense market penetration ... target the masses and then the classes....
So its only time that we might see some flagship devices also from this company....

Well, I have only tried it for the S3, it aint that stable, the camera often stops responding, I keep getting 'cell broadcast' smses, I am assuming this only for the S3 version which isnt stable.

mmx can never bring any kind of flagship by their own, they will just outsource handsets from china just like now and forever and will stamp its logo and sell, mmx don't have even tinniest of r&d for even a simple android device

Well, I have only tried it for the S3, it aint that stable, the camera often stops responding, I keep getting 'cell broadcast' smses, I am assuming this only for the S3 version which isnt stable.
You have to freeze cell broad cast app and there is a app called restart camera which resets the camera drivers. Try it out

Having tried cm on my s3 , galaxy y and tab 7 p3110 , redmi 1s I will surely say these Roms are not daily drivers . Bugs even in stable versions . Stick to stock Roms if you want stability and use your phone for serious work .
Sorry OT .

I used CM from 2009/2010 first in my Orange San Francisco (Zte Blade) which was my first android. I put Cm the day i bought my moto defy in 2010(or 2009 don't remember). They have been stable throughout and there have been no force close situations ever.

Cm has fc on themes and camera on my s3 , on galaxy y it's not supporting offline charging , on redmi 1s speaker output is low ... Only on my tab p3110 it seemed a bit OK . cm is slightly overrated in my opinion . Nothing like stock .

What has non-stock CM ROMs have to do with stock CM ROMs? Those CM ROMs you find at XDA are developed without proper support & sources from OEMs, so they have bugs. CM ROMs for OEMs are a different affair altogether.

Also I think MMX should first sort out its design, build quality & customer service issues first then introducing more phones.

I'm quite interested in this phone due to CM and Qualcomm Snapdragon, rest of the specs are Redmi Note 3G :) Atleast it have better support than Xiaomi Redmi Note 3G, we are talking about a phone which is in Redmi Note 3G series ₹8999/- and not One Plus One ₹21000, So I'd happily go with it.

Cm has fc on themes and camera on my s3 , on galaxy y it's not supporting offline charging , on redmi 1s speaker output is low ... Only on my tab p3110 it seemed a bit OK . cm is slightly overrated in my opinion . Nothing like stock .
Not all cm ROMs are official ROMs.

Anybody can make unofficial ROMs using the source code.

Also there will always be bugs as cm provides extra functionality that stock ROMs don't provide..

Back