Micromax Yu launched at ₹9000

Registration page is up again and when you try to register it is redirecting to subscribe page which says I have already done so.
YU.jpg
It now shows you will get free leather cover for registrations till Dec 25th

Oh Micromax has become so desperate now :D
I hope Xiaomi and OPO kill this sh*thole of a company and free india from its plague so that other more customer centric Indian companies can come up.

Oh and incase you are thinking of buying one, DONT. There is a 50% chance that it will be the single worst experience of your life.

Not that I am against mmx, but there are some basic differences in these companies.
Think of MMX as a importer. I see no difference between MMX or Xiaomi. MMX is like another Chinese company with Indian name/guys.

The difference was Xiaomi promised something much more better than current available Chinese sellers and delivered them.

I see Yu as a passing fad. People will forget about it in few months unless new models keep coming under this brand which will happen If the first model is successful.

^as a company, how Xiaomi or OPO are different from MMX?
Simple, they put consumer interest before their own. Try this, would Micromax do this if Xiaomi and OPO didn't exist? These are Indians, out there to loot Indians without any regard for ethics. See the horror stories they have. They pick up shit, package it and then sell it to you. While Xiaomi and OPO have stuff that is actually high quality.

I hope Micromax dies and we have more sensible Indian companies that put consumer interest above all else, because they WANT to and not because they HAVE to.

@avi Think of MMX as a pimp instead. They are essentially selling a Yulong Coolpad F2 in a new garb! And they fiercely protect their domains!
Just the procy and GPU change. Shame on these assholes.

Edit: looks like there's one Snapdragon version Coolpad F2, instead of mediatek. Which they thought they'd sell because online buyers are familiar with high end specs and Snapdragon SOC's.

Last edited:
@avi If am not mistaken, I read somewhere that Xiaomi phones are actually manufactured by foxconn! So you can guess the actual quality of the product (even though people here in India love to criticize it).

Whereas mmx is just getting chinese phones and dumping here in India with their stupid logo on the back.

In India people have some kind of weakness towards High specs in low price , when they hear Qualcom and 2gb ram HD display they will forget every thing and buy it , check the user reviews of redmi one s in flipkart ,it has most of the worst reviews many people reffering it as room heater,china steeling your data etc but still 1s goes for a flash sale its stocks will vanish in seconds . Same thing is going to happen for YU also . and Micromax ass is not that bad ( at least in my town ) one of mi friends phone has to serviced because it got drenched in rain and he dried the phone and give it to service and got the board replaced free of cost .

Xiaomi and OnePlus may be offering killer specs at lower prices but the quality of their devices is usually a hit or miss affair.
You are lucky if you get a good piece else read the horror stories on their forums about network issues, call quality, touch problems etc
Theres a guy on OnePlus forums who returned his OnePlus One 4 times and still got a defective piece.
So quality wise i would rate them as the same as Micromax
Micromax now has a chance to do something better with the YU brand, lets hope they learn from their past mistakes and give us a better experience

Back