Micromax Yu launched at ₹9000

Might get one. Seems a good upgrade from my Moto G considering everything is almost doubled+4G LTE.

Only con is the 267ppi screen but I guess its alright considering the price.

Might get one. Seems a good upgrade from my Moto G considering everything is almost doubled+4G LTE.

Only con is the 267ppi screen but I guess its alright considering the price.

I used a Note 2 for quite some time. It has a 720p 5.5 inch display as well, never felt like its too low a pixel density. ( Ofcourse my Note 3 looks sharper though! :p )

@avi @ruiner21 21 Agreed, PPI is OK for the price. Hopefully the quality of the IPS panel is good. If brightness and color reproduction are bad then it would be a bummer.

But whats wrong with the camera? Are there phones that have better sensors than the Sony IMX135 in the sub 15k range? Guessing it would be much better than Moto G and Zenfone.

Last edited:
The only issue with Micromax is that YMMV for the phone. I have seen people whose phones work fine without any issues. And there are those who face minor QC issues like the battery not charging fully/dying quicky, or the touch not working properly. And lets just forget the bloatware! These issues could be avoided if they do proper QC.

And if this is a Coolpad F2, then I feel its going to be a hit and miss again. I have a Spice Coolpad Mi 496, based on the Coolpas 7268. Build quality is not that great, but thanks to a custom ROM, the device at least works!

Would anyone care to explain me whether the 2gb ram is sufficient to utilise 64-bit architecture capabilities or do we need atleast 3.5gb ram similar to desktop to utilise 64-bit OS capabilities?

Yup. OPO costs 22k, doesn't even make sense to start any comparison. It's better to compare it with phones in this price bracket

And what about A.S.S for when things DO go wrong?

How good is Micromax at that?

From what I recall reading, -ALL- "Indian" handset makers/re-branders/etc. offered poor/pathetic/non-existent A.S.S.

Or have things changed of late? Curious to know...

For 9K Service is non-existent for Xiaomi Redmi Note, even for OPO (atleast for now), HTC (in my city where there is no HTC Service center (tier 2-3)) atleast MMX is better than these :)

MMX has virtually non-existent service & support. Its as good as importing a phone from china. It works till it works and when it fails, you throw it away and buy another one. Only people who are fine with this mantra should go for such phones.

Their service centres are usually just for show and you would loose your peace of mind and go crazy if you go to them expecting to claim warranty.

So, Good luck if you are buying one over others hoping that you would get support or warranty.

And yeah, don't forget to thank Xiaomi and OnePlus for making MMX so desperate that they went to the trouble of making a deal for CyanogenMod or for the fact that this phone costs 9k. Without either of those, this phone would not have CyanogenMod and it would have cost somewhere upwards of 15k.

Last edited:
Just checked with amazon rep. We have to subscribe for the newsletter and then the device launches on Jan 13th.

Just checked their page and they are already closed for registrations due to overwhelming response! I registered around 2:08 PM.

Auxux , Lava , MMX , XOLO , intex all have same service centers in Tier2 and tier 3 cities .
One small shop with a PC and printer for printing RMA and giving it to you . One table with tools to open and check mobiles . If not understood / problem not solvable at their level then they will forward to Delhi/Bangalore etc wherever their main office is

Back