User Guides Micromax Yu Yureka [Unlock][Custom Recovery][Root][Factory Reset] Guide

This is a complete and comprehensive guide for any Yureka user to Root his phone, Install recovery and if need arises then reset the phone using official tools. Below are the steps to achieve the same. I hope this helps

What you need
1)Your Yureka phone
2)Microsd card inside the phone
3)USB cable
4)Windows PC
5)Downloads :
6)Li'l bit of intelligence. Damn son! Your phone might be smart, but that don't give you an excuse being dumb yourself?! Just Kidding, follow instructions and you'll be fine

============================Guide=====================================

Step 1) Verify and Install Drivers if required
This step resolves the issue of Yureka not being detected by your PC in Fastboot mode
  1. Start Your Yureka>Go to Settings>About Phone>Build No.====Press BuildNo. 7 times to enable Developer Options
  2. Settings>Developer Options===== Tick Android Debugging, Untick Update CM Recovery
  3. Turn off phone>Hold Volume Up Button+Connect to PC by USB Cable , You're in FastBoot Mode
  4. Install Minimal ADB and FastBoot on your PC and start it
  5. Now Type

Code:
fastboot -i 0x1ebf devices
You should get an output similar to
upload_2015-1-17_21-10-5-png.54877

If you did get the above output or similar to this, then please jump to Step 2) Spoiler (Unlock Bootloader).
But if you get a different result like waiting for device, then please continue this step as your Yureka has not been detected yet.
You need to Disable Driver Signature Verification and Update the drivers manually on windows 8.
  1. Press Win + C (Charms Bar)>Settings Charm>Change PC settings.
  2. MetroUI Control Panel opens>Update & recovery”>click on the Recovery option on the left hand side.
  3. Advanced Startup section appear on the right hand side>Restart now.
  4. Let your PC Reboot> choose the Troubleshoot option>Advanced options>Startup Settings.
  5. Let Your PC Reboot again
  6. Now Choose“Disable driver signature enforcement”. To choose the setting, you will need to press the 7 or F7 key. Your PC will be restarted.

Now You'll Update Drivers Manually
  1. Download and extract Universal Naked Driver to a folder
  2. Connect your phone via usb cable to the pc ...
  3. Win + X >select Device Manager >In "Other Devices" you will see your Yureka as 'Android Device' >Right click on it >Select Update Driver Software>
  4. Select "Browse My Computer for Software ">Click the Let me pick option > Click Next>Click Have Disk>Browse to that folder that you created and select AndroidWinUsb.Inf > Click Okay
  5. Select the Driver " Asus FastBoot Interface" >Click Next and Keep installing the software >You will now see your phone appear as the correct device type .
  6. Launch Minimal Adb Fastboot from the Desktop Shortcut
  7. Now Your Yureka should be detected by both "adb devices" in normal mode & "fastboot -i 0x1ebf devices" command in bootloader mode.

Step 2) Unlock Bootloader
1)Connect your Phone to PC in FastBoot Mode ( when phone is off, press Vol Up and connect to PC)
2)Start Minimal ADB Fastboot
type
Code:
fastboot -i 0x1ebf oem unlock
Code:
fastboot -i 0x1ebf reboot
Bootloader is unlocked

Step 3) Install Custom Recovery
1)Turn on the phone>Settings>Developer options>Uncheck "Update CM11 Recovery"> Turn off
2)Download the recovery image of your choice (I prefer Philz) to your Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder
a)Philz Recovery 6.59 based on CWM v6.0.5.1 for Yureka
b)ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.5.1
c)TWRP Recovery v2.8​
Rename any recovery image you've downloaded to recovery.img
3)Connect your phone to PC in FastBoot Mode and start Minimal adb
Now type
Code:
fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash recovery recovery.img
Your Custom Recovery has been flashed and it has replaced the stock Cyanogenmod Recovery.

To access your Custom recovery,
Turn Off your Phone>Press Volume Up+Down+Power buttons>Wait for vibrate and release the keys
Voila!
You are in the Custom Recovery of your choice
You can take a backup of your Phone or install custom Roms or Kernels or Root from here!

Step 4)Root your Yureka
  1. Download the latest SuperSU binary.
  2. Connect your Phone and copy it to your sd card.
  3. Reboot your phone to your Custom recovery and install the zip.
  4. Your Phone is Rooted!

Damn!
It took me 2 hours to type this, but I assure you it would take you less than 5 minutes to do all this after you've done it the first time.

References
Credits
==========================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================
Now In case someday you royally screw up your phone and want to return to the Factory Settings,
follow the instructions written by Arnav.G in the thread
  1. Download the factory image fastboot package from Here
  2. Extract the contents of the fastboot package into a folder.
  3. Download this flashing tools package from here
  4. Extract the contents of the flashing tools zip into the same folder
    To make sure, check that system.img, boot.img etc files are in the same folder as flash-all.bat, fastboot.exe etc
  5. Connect your phone in fastboot mode, steps for which are : -
    a. Power off your phone
    b. Press and hold the Volume Up key
    c. With the Volume Up key, connect the phone to your PC/Laptop with USB cable
    d. You can let go off the Volume Up key when Fastboot Mode is displayed on the screen
  6. Run flash-all.bat by double clicking on it.
  7. A command window will open and flashing procedure will start
  8. DO NOT disconnect the device during flashing procedure
  9. The command window will close after the flashing process is over.
  10. Disconnect the USB cable, and boot the phone normally by long pressing the Power button.

Attachments

• upload_2015-1-17_21-10-5.png
    upload_2015-1-17_21-10-5.png
    1.9 KB · Views: 5,820
Last edited:
I do not have the phone but I am posting to thank you for all the effort spent in putting up this guide. I am sure many would use it due course but may not have the time to thank you.

I am listing a few important FastBoot commands with their uses

Code:
fastboot -i 0x1ebf devices
##Helps find all devices connected via fastboot and recognised by PC##

fastboot -i 0x1ebf oem unlock
##Unlocks bootloader to allow flashing ROM/Recovery or anything unsigned##

fastboot -i 0x1ebf reboot
##Reboots your Phone##

fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash recovery recovery_yuphilz.img
##Flashes a custom recovery image##
##Replace the name "recovery_yuphilz" with the recovery of your choice.##

##And my favorite##
##Use recovery without replacing stock CM Recovery (Like Ubuntu Live CD Mode)##
fastboot -i 0x1ebf boot recovery_yuphilz.img

##This above command is immensely helpful to someone who wants to keep the stock recovery to ensure OTA updates remain unhindered.##

The "0x1ebf" acts as the device identifier for Yureka
its not possible to use the fastboot commands without it.

I am using windows 7 for rooting and its shows waiting for device in fastboot modemode.so what should i do...?????
"Waiting for Device" means you don't have the proper drivers installed.
use this to disable driver signature enforcement
https://support.hidemyass.com/hc/en...ow-to-disable-Driver-Signing-check-on-Windows

Then install proper drivers as

Now You'll Update Drivers Manually
  1. Download and extract Universal Naked Driver to a folder
  2. Connect your phone via usb cable to the pc ...
  3. Win + X >select Device Manager >In "Other Devices" you will see your Yureka as 'Android Device' >Right click on it >Select Update Driver Software>
  4. Select "Browse My Computer for Software ">Click the Let me pick option > Click Next>Click Have Disk>Browse to that folder that you created and select AndroidWinUsb.Inf > Click Okay
  5. Select the Driver " Asus FastBoot Interface" >Click Next and Keep installing the software >You will now see your phone appear as the correct device type .
  6. Launch Minimal Adb Fastboot from the Desktop Shortcut
  7. Now Your Yureka should be detected by both "adb devices" in normal mode & "fastboot -i 0x1ebf devices" command in bootloader mode.

In my windows xp, yu yureka storage not shown.can you please help me?
In your previous posting you said you have Windows 7, now you say XP?!

anyway
whatever version of windows of are on, you need to "Disable Driver signature Enforcement"
and Install the proper drivers which are given on the first step of my guide.

Yup....i tried in both pc..in win 7 i have waiting for devicesproblem and in win xp no phone memory showing.it is ask for cd to intlstall when i connected y yureka.
Bth thanks very much for help....:):)

Yup....i tried in both pc..in win 7 i have waiting for devicesproblem and in win xp no phone memory showing.it is ask for cd to intlstall when i connected y yureka.
Bth thanks very much for help....:):)
https://www.raymond.cc/blog/loading-unsigned-drivers-in-windows-7-and-vista-64-bit-x64/
try this method to disable driver signature enforcement.
Press F8 during startup continuously, next when the advanced boot options appear,
select "Disable driver signature enforcement"

AFTER that boot to your PC and install proper drivers as given in the guide above.

You must be doing something wrong, as it worked on my PC.

I tried to do what you said....but when booting start,i pressed f8 button but there is no option of disable driver signature enforcement.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to do 2 things
1)Disable Driver signature enforcement on your PC , (Google it yourself, you can't depend on me to find every method and post it)
2)After that Install the Universal Naked Drivers

Back