Linux Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Defender coming to Linux.

6pack

ex-Mod

Canonical`s fault!
How many reasonably respectable video editors, audio producers , professional photographers use linux anyway? I`m all for linux and the beautiful philosophy behind it. But for personal/ creative professional use you need far better software and its been years, and decent programs like GIMP and Ardour are far behind. Sure they are usable, but how many busy photographer will use GIMP, despite being a very decent software. Ardour on the other hand is the dumping ground of all rubbish plugins....and setting up JACK can very well be the worst experience in your music career.
I love the free and open source movement, but a good stable OS or a million variants of it doesn`t help any professional. People running servers and all, sure, but I have given up hope on Linux. Now for next 5 years they will waste on gaming.
Computer is a tool for work, not a gaming console. Linux will suddenly wake up to the fact after 5-10 years after satisfying teenagers.

Canonical`s fault!
How many reasonably respectable video editors, audio producers , professional photographers use linux anyway? I`m all for linux and the beautiful philosophy behind it. But for personal/ creative professional use you need far better software and its been years, and decent programs like GIMP and Ardour are far behind. Sure they are usable, but how many busy photographer will use GIMP, despite being a very decent software. Ardour on the other hand is the dumping ground of all rubbish plugins....and setting up JACK can very well be the worst experience in your music career.
I love the free and open source movement, but a good stable OS or a million variants of it doesn`t help any professional. People running servers and all, sure, but I have given up hope on Linux. Now for next 5 years they will waste on gaming.
Computer is a tool for work, not a gaming console. Linux will suddenly wake up to the fact after 5-10 years after satisfying teenagers.
I think Gimp is a very powerful tool if used correctly. Sure if you have used PS and LR for long.. it might be tedious to use Gimp.
GIMP has some really good plugins and effects and all for free.

Absolutely, but do you think a well paid professional will ever use a slightly convoluted tool for same result to save money? Linux is for hobbyists and we should be proud users for that. But trying to make linux mainstream for professionals will never happen. Good enough is sure fire disaster for a professional in photography/music.

Back