Microsoft lies to XP users—and they start to love Vista

Kumar

Skilled
In about two weeks, Redmond has managed to turn a marketing idea into something that may just shock you. Microsoft blogger Ina Fried is reporting that Microsoft managed to trick XP users in San Francisco into loving Vista simply by telling them a small fib. The company told these users that they were using a new version of Windows, codenamed "Mojave." When asked about their experience with using Mojave, over 90 percent said they were impressed with what they saw. Then Microsoft told them they had been using Vista all along.

The company hasn't figured out how it will use this to market Vista (the company has video footage of users exclaiming "wow!" and so on), but the Mojave project will likely help in Microsoft's plan to tell the "real Vista story." This is some real ammo here: these are XP lovers saying they love Vista, not just more Microsoft employees giving statements to sell the software giant's latest operating system.

Bill Veghte, Microsoft's senior vice president of Online Services & Windows Business Group and the man who recently outlined the Windows roadmap, strongly believes that Vista's negative opinion by many users is due to poor perceptions created by the media, from Apple's anti-Vista ads to many journalists spewing Vista hate because it brings in the hits. Mojave is a perfect example of this—to an extent. Microsoft has time and again admitted that Vista has its problems, but has also emphasized that the majority of problems have been fixed. What's your take on the Mojave story?

Microsoft looks to 'Mojave' to revive Vista's image | Beyond Binary - A blog by Ina Fried - CNET News.com via Microsoft lies to XP users?and they start to love Vista

Interesting stuff. What do you say?

i just quickly scanned through the links, but was the "mojave" demo version using the same UI as Vista or a different fancy one? that might have caused one of the users to exclaim "wow"... :D

SAme user interface..
Just show how biased some people are..

I had installed vista on few ppls comp, they kept complaining how slow it was,
Then installed vista againc switched off UAC and a few others, on the same comps and told dem its xp with skin changed..and they loved it for most of the time..duh..
Talk abt double standards..

^^ Well the fact that it runs slow out of the box is bad enough. Not everyone is interested in fiddling around with it just to get it running smoothly.

And where did all those Linux fanbois go ?? Good bait for them !!! :bleh:

BF1983 said:
^^ Well the fact that it runs slow out of the box is bad enough. Not everyone is interested in fiddling around with it just to get it running smoothly.

And where did all those Linux fanbois go ?? Good bait for them !!! :bleh:

Ya right. If those stupid noobs were shown a linux distro with a mac theme, they would have gone bonkers over it!

I love vista !!! Just simply love it !!!

XP now seems an antique piece of software.

You just need a decent computer to run vista !! And nowdays its easy to get a comp under 20k that can run vista beautifully..

I see no reason why people shouldnot use vista now !!

Yes..for people with older hardware..vista gives no good enough reason to start upgrading..xp is just fine !

The systems running sluggish are using insufficient (1GB) ram which runs the same way as xp would run on 512MB ram. 2GB these days is affordable and can be bought for under rs 2000. A few years back we used to pay Rs 2000 for 512MB ddr ram :).

Dont tell me none of you have seen this already.. The "Mojave Experiment"

Its just like a blindfold test. Just goes to show how biased people get on what they read. You wont try it unless you have read about it, and once you have.. you see it through someone else' glasses.

This experiment was like a joke. People were not even allowed to use the system. They were just shown a demo of the OS and the dumb people went like "WOW! OMG! Thats fooking amazing"!

That's a joke :p

San Francisco is steps away from Silicon Valley, and many many people around here are in tech related jobs. My take on this is that MS used San Francisco as a test site because this area is known to be technically savvy. Chances are they had to weed through a lot of people to find the most technically challenged people... because on the whole... people around here know more than the average computer user.

so...people loved Vista ? huh:O :O :O :O :S Vista is a hit. now I can see everywhere Vista is embraced. even automatic duck feather counting machine uses Vista ?:rofl:

those guys are dumbs .

Vista is an Absolute waste of money at enterprise level. Its "re-written" network stack just plugs a bamboo in the network admin's asses every now & then.

As a system & network admin, I "tried" my level best to "struggle" out with VISTA & try implimenting it in many companies, but all I was left in was complaints now & then with some or the other thing. To this pathetic performance no company wants to invest the hardware upgrade costs to even run Vista sufficiently. even the SP1 was useless.

Though its just fine to be run for home & personal use, still I fell it just gives a little feel good factor to the user rather than any actual performance gain.

All in all, our opinions don't matter much now, VISTA has been a DISASTER for Microsoft. On the other hand, i've started using MAC Leopard & man its so polished, feature rich, compatible & fluent. Vista is not even hairline close to it in any aspect. Linux is getting good day by day too!!

MS is bound to release a new (better) windows sometime next year or else there will be a major setback.

And pls people, do not start off another firefight quotes on this, I already said our opinions do not matter to what is VISIBLE & obvious.

I dont know why people cry about Vista. So far it has been very stable for me. Works super fast...only time it was slow when my proccy was running at 85 C (heatsink was loose)

If you don't have hardware to run it...dont think about installing vista. Keep at XP SP2 or better 98SE...works best. You can also choose to run a stripped down GNU/Linux with only shell which will be very stable and fast running OS. Have Moar $$, buy a mac. Forget about games and eyecandy together. You cant have everything.

But please stop cribbing about how bad vista is if your machine is not upto it.

Back