Budget 41-50k Mid Budget PC for Casual Gaming and PS/Video Editing

mallik

Adept
  1. What is your budget?
    • 40-45K
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • Hard Drive - Samsung EVO 850 - 250 GB SSD
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Hard Drive - Samsung EVO 850 - 250 GB SSD
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • Processor - AMD Ryzen 5 2400G -13k
    • Motherboard - Asus Prime B450M-K -7k (or other B450 motherboard - please advise)
    • RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz 8GB -6k
    • Power Supply -Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro 450w -5k (or Corsair 450?)
    • Cabinet - Need a small cabinet
    • Monitor - 22-25 inch (BenQ GW2280 22 inch LED IPS - 8k?)
    • KB & Mouse -Logitech MK200 -1k
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, will upgrade the following within 6 months
    • GPU
    • RAM (8 GB)
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Delhi
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Casual Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Photoshop
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • None
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • None
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1920x1080
    2. Desktop - 1920x1080
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10
My Lenovo Ideapad Z510 died tonight, while I was trying to play Elder Scrolls Morrowind on it. This makes me really sad. I don't know if it is a battery issue, or a cable issue, as I have replaced the battery for it twice.

Long story short, I am now thinking of getting a desktop for myself. I stay in Mussoorie, but intend to come down to Delhi, and pick the hardware up from SMC International, or some such shop. It would help if someone could guide me about my configuration, and where to buy the hardware in Delhi.

Any help will be appreciated. Techenclave has been my go to place for hardware suggestions since a long time - perhaps since 2002/3.

Thanks!

Your overall config looks good.

This should be available at ~4.5K so total available funds for display stand around 10K.

Thank you for the heads-up on RAM prices.

I looked the RAM prices on mdcomputers, and on amazon, and it ranged from 3.5K to 8K. Ones such link:
https://www.amazon.in/Corsair-Venge...659&s=gateway&sprefix=corsair+,aps,319&sr=8-1

So, things that seem set:
1. CPU - Ryzen 2400G
2. RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8GB 3000 Mhz LPX
3. Keyboard and Mouse - Logitech MK 200

Things that need decision:
1. Motherboard - the Asus one I mentioned , or Gigabyte/MSI?
2. PSU - Corsair CX450 vs Corsair CS450M vs Antec Gold Pro 450/550 W
3. Cabinet - Corsair 100R ATX is cheap. But I would like a sleek cabinet
4. Monitor - still up for suggestions

Yes RAM prices are in 3.5-4K range.

For motherboard, Asus one looks good. Do check for after sales service in your area/region though.

Antec PSU mentioned is good one. But I am not sure if that series has 450W model. 550W model costs 5.8K

Yes RAM prices are in 3.5-4K range.

For motherboard, Asus one looks good. Do check for after sales service in your area/region though.

Antec PSU mentioned is good one. But I am not sure if that series has 450W model. 550W model costs 5.8K

Any service I will get, will be in Delhi, which I think should be fine. As long as there are no major issues like overheating, or BIOS errors, I am all right.

Any suggestions for sleek cabinet and display?

Thank you for taking the time to clear these things for me. Been a while since I built a PC, although I assembled one for a friend recently

Any suggestions for sleek cabinet and display?

For cabinet, I feel its quite personal choice. I used to like Corsair Carbide series and NZXT cases along with BitFenix Prodigy.

I have read praise for LG 24MP59G in a thread recently. I do not have any particular suggestions on these two items.

After some research, narrowed down on the following:

1. Monitor - HP 22F (or HP 24F if I can get it) 9.75K
2. Cabinet - Corsair Carbide Spec 4 - 2.9K
3. PSU - Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro 550w -5.8k
4. Motherboard - Gigabyte Aourus B450M / Asus Prime B450M-K (Asus Prime B450M Plus seems unavailable in India)

Motherboard and monitor are the only things undecided as of now. Can anyone help me take a decision on that?

Cheers!

In that monitor budget, you can think of curved monitor like:
Samsung 23.5 inch (59.8 cm) Curved LED - 9100

or if you want to stick to 21-22 inch then
HP 22ES 21.5 inch (54.6 cm) Full HD, IPS Panel - 8499

If you are going to game on this system, especially older games, I would highly recommend a monitor with 75Hz refresh rate along with Freesync. LG 24MP59G is a good choice, although its a little bit expensive for a 24 inch monitor at 10 to 11K, but its money well spent. Anyways, whatever monitor you buy, I'd highly suggest to ensure that it supports freesync. It makes a lot of difference. I have the same LG monitor and I can vouch for it.

https://www.amazon.in/LG-inch-60-96-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B06XDY3SJF

And yes, freesync works with nvidia too now. So, in the future, if you buy any nvidia card, you can still configure gsync thru nvidia control panel provided you connect the monitor with a DP cable.

Rest of your config is spot on.

Sorry for the late reply, but I was wandering in the mountains.

I have considered the LG24MP59. The backlight bleed and the orange and green vertical lines on such monitors seem to be an issue. So I don't want to invest in something like that as long term. I have put this purchase off till August, as I am going abroad, so I will wait to see if some new models pop up on the market by then. I think I can up my budget for a 24 inch monitor to 15K, but it can't be more than that.

Thanks all for your help! Much appreciated

Back