Budget 71-90K Mid-High end gaming PC (1080p60)

smileysil

Recruit
I have been away from the PC gaming scene since 2008 and have been primarily playing on consoles. But with some exciting things happening on the PC front (VR, indies etc.) i'm ready to dive back in. I'm not completely out of touch but will need some help. I have picked the components I need and rounded off their Flipkart prices.

I would like to know where in Delhi I can get all these components and have them assembled by a competent dealer.

Questions
  1. What is your budget?
    • Around about 85K.
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • None
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - LG 24" 1080p Monitor
Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
  • CPU i7 4790k Rs 24000
  • GPU ASUS Strix GTX 970 Rs 27000 (ASUS announced price not yet listed on Flipkart)
  • MoBo Asus Z97k Rs 11500
  • RAM Kingston HyperX Blu 4GB Rs 6000
  • HDD Seagate Baracuda 1TB Rs 4000
  • PSU Seasonic M12II-620W 80+ Bronze Rs 6900
  • CPU Cooler - CM Hyper 212X Rs 2800
  • Cabinet - Cooler Master K281 Rs 3700
  • Total Build Rs 86000 (Approx)
  1. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, will probably add an SSD as boot drive after 5-6 months.
    • Will upgrade to 16 GB for After Effects CC 2014 after 5-6 months
  2. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Delhi
    • Open to online purchase only if it's cheaper
    • Will prefer to buy all from a sing store so it can be assembled then and there
  3. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Only if hardware is new and significantly cheaper than retail
  4. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Watching HD movies
    • Adobe CC 2014 (After 5-6 months, not primary purpose)
  5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • None as such.
  6. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Most multiplat AAA titles and critically acclaimed indie games.
  7. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1920x1080
    2. Desktop - 1920x1080
  8. Are you looking to overclock?
    • Yes not initially, but when more demanding titles come out.
  9. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7/8 64 bit
    • Will try out Steam OS
    • Will keep an eye on Windows 9

Bump.. Hey guys please help, I have no clue which store in Delhi I can go to assemble my rig. And also is my rig setup alright or can it be made better?

Setup looks very fine.
>Go for a Asus Z97-A at 14K.
>Asus Strix GTX970 is available at 30K inwards, if you're in a budget call take the Zotac GTX970 at 27K.
>Better to opt for a CM N400 at 3.7K or Corsair 300R at 4.5K if you can invest some more.
>If you'll be using mostly for gaming, an i5 will also suffice. You can invest leftover on a SSD.

You could opt for a single 8GB stick instead of 2 x 4GB, since you plan to add another 8GB later.
Pick up one of the newer DC-DC converter platform based PSUs like the M12II 650 or the G 650. Both seem to be available only on techshop.in , so double check with their CC if its actually in stock.

@manjeet Thanks mate.. It's really surprising how overpriced the Asus Strix are since Asus announced the cards at 26.5k+taxes...
Does the Z97-A offer any advantages?
CM N400 looks like an amazing case but I can't find it anywhere online.
I'm picking the i7 because I want a CPU that'll help me do some Adobe After Effects work and one won't bottleneck any future GPU upgrades.

@Crazy_Eddy Thanks for your help. I'll get the 8gb stick and the M12II 650(as and when it's available).

Guys can you please suggest any place in Delhi maybe in Nehru Place, Dwarka or Janakpuri where i can buy these components, I don't mind building it myself. Flipkart is my only option for now, I think physical stores will be cheaper.

Last edited:
Back