Budget 10-15K Mid-Range Phone

suarezian

Lord Escanor
Adept
My dad is looking to buy a Mid-Range Phone. So I have shortlisted the following devices:

Redmi Note 6 Pro

Realme 2 Pro

Nokia 6.1 Plus

Moto One Power

My dad won't be playing games, but he will be installing a lot of useless apps. Also, the battery of the phone should last from morning till evening, since he makes a lot of phone calls. Camera and all doesn't matter. The main requirement is a good battery life. I had also shortlisted the Zenfone Max M1, but have heard negative reviews about it.

Go with Moto One Power

+ Massive 5000mAH battery
+ AndroidOne
+ Android Pie update
+ Currently on offer on FlipKart

- Average camera.
Is the pie update out yet? Also, I just saw that it weighs 207 gms compared to 180 on the Zenfone which has the same battery capacity. Anyway, how is the Realme Pro 2?

No quick charge. (really? it takes a good 3hours approx to charge from 0-100%)
Video recording lacks stabilization (but this can be taken care by enabling debugging mode and then enable some hidden setting)
No type C USB (this shouldn't be an issue)

I still unable to decide, can you shade more about Pros & Cons... as I less trust online review/comments.... please provide info
had upgraded from asus zenfone 2. used for a month or so, before it got stolen. now back to zenfone 2. i rarely click photographs. only documents or other work related pics. it had enough juice to last all day ( i charge my zenfone 2 twice a day). am bsnl / idea user. my primary no. is of bsnl, so no 4g. missed ACR / double tap screen awake/sleep in Max Pro M1. as already pointed by a fellow member, no fast charge, no usb-c. but i was OK with that. used it with sandisk 128 GB Micro SD card.

Well, my vote is for the Honor 8X, unless you find it a little too bling, which is whats stopping me from pulling the plug.

I'd buy one for my GF in a heartbeat, though.

@OP, have you bought the phone already?
If not, I can share my experience, my wife has the m1, it’s not a bad phone, but the camera is poor and despite the huge battery, battery life is just about ok, nothing great. Look into the Motorola one if battery life is the main concern.

No flaws except for its processor is bit underclocked to run at 1.9ghz than at 2.2ghz full speed. But thats ok as the difference is next to negligible.
It is a major improvement over M1 as M1 camera was too sorry.

My criteria was (why I select RN Pro 5):-
  1. Fast charging
  2. Good Battery Backup (Realme 1 - 3400 mAh battery easily compete with Asus Zen Phone Max pro M1 - 5000 mAh battery, so it's software + processor who decides battery fate)
  3. Vast Developer Support (if need to root etc. in future- after warranty expires- though till today I didn't with any of my handset)
  4. Ample Spare Parts/Accessories with every nook & corner shop (at reasonable price compare to latest launched handsets)
  5. Non - Stock Android (I'm lazy to do R&D and need some inbuilt features/apps etc. and thought MIUI will good for)
  6. Good Software (out of box - now it's 10 month old so.... polished software/update available)

Does Zenfone max pro M1 or M2 has any major flaw ? I was looking to pick up Max pro M2 once the hype dies and it goes on open sell.

Back