Budget 51-70k mild gamer rig with budget 60k without graphics card and monitor

pawannh

Disciple
  1. Q: What is your budget?
  2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel Q6600
    • Motherboard - Abit IP35 Pro

• GPU - GTX 470

• RAM - Gskill 2*2GB DDR2 4-4-4-12

• Monitor - Dell 2407WFP-HC
    • SMPS - Corsair HX620

• (please mention the rest in above format)

3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - Dell 2407
  4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel i7-3770. Need to have atleast 4 cores (8 threads) as I need to run VM
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard

• GPU - Onboard to begin with (not much in gaming atleast currently)
    • Gskill Ripsaws 2x4GB
  5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, will upgrade the following within 6 months
    • Hi end Graphics card
  6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Open to online purchase
    • TE Dealer
  7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes
  8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • mild Gaming and VM for work
    • Media server
    • Video encoding
  9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Do not want to buy XYZ company product as I heard the after sales service in India is pathetic
  10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Strategy - Civilization 4
  11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1920x1200
    2. Desktop - 1920x1200
  12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    • May be in future
  13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit
    • Linux - Mandriva

Is there a 'k' version of 3770? Where is it available?

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Can 3770 (not 'k') do any overclocking? I intend to do slight overclocking in future to keep pace with time. I understand IVY-Bridge runs hotter (it should have been over way round...) compared to Sandy bridge, only reason I chose it is because of USB 3.0/PCI 3.0 (future) and HD4000. Otherwise I could have gone with 2600/2700. Is HD4000 lot more better than HD3000? I intend to use this new rig for atleast next five years.

i7 3770-20k or more[Not available in india yet]
Asus P8H77-M-8k OR Intel DH77KC-7k
Gskill Ripjaws 2X4GB 1600mhz-3.5k
The i7 3770K or non K version is not yet available in the market so if want that then you'd have to wait for few weeks.Otherwise here's another option-
Intel i7 3820-19k[Sandy Bridge-E socket 2011]
Intel DX79TO-13.5k
Rest the same,Get a SSD with remaining budget-Samsung 128GB 2.5-inch SSD 830 Series-12k
Hope this helps.:)

Thanks Jakob! I see i7-3770 being available on hardwire.in. Any suggestion on PSU and Cabby? I'm slightly skeptical about SSD due to the failure stories I have heard about them. Is it matured good enough now to be used in 24x7 rigs where there are lots of I/O on secondary memory?

Well i didn't check hardwire.in anyway i thought you have Corsair HX620 so i didn't suggest it,Here-
Seasonic S12ii 520W-3.7k OR Corsair VX550W-4.5k
Corsair Carbide 400R-5k OR Nzxt Gamma-2.4k
SSD's are often in usage these days many members on TE itself are using it for OS and other critical application so no need to worry about that.
Thanks Jakob! I see i7-3770 being available on hardwire.in. Any suggestion on PSU and Cabby? I'm slightly skeptical about SSD due to the failure stories I have heard about them. Is it matured good enough now to be used in 24x7 rigs where there are lots of I/O on secondary memory?

Back