Milestone XT720 Android from Motorola

hi all,
just wanted to check if someone has got handon with the New Milestone XT720

I want a Camera Centric phone with a good OS & decent battery life -- the one's from Sony ericsson are too bad in terms of build quality & performace. using Satio right now but its a stupid phone camera wise

so anyone using or having realtime Reviews over this Moto XT720... Pls share ur views....

regards...

I hate to suggest another Symbian phone to you. But as far as camera phones go, the only phone capable of beating the Satio, Pixon12 and Milestone XT720 is Nokia N8. Its got a massive camera sensor and a really nice Xenon Flash .....

Yup, its available at Chroma for a ridiculous 31k or something, tested it for half an hour and am not impressed at least for that price. Would definitely suggest a Galaxy S at 27k which is superior in nearly every way, of course personally don't like Galaxy s looks but xt720 is not the prettiest phone. Would make sense at 20-23k. Please check expansys and clove.co.uk for more realistic pricing of this phone.

I found it laggy, and it was right next to the galaxy s and the difference is screen is obvious, however the speakerphone seems better than galaxy s and text quality is definitely better to me. 8mp Camera with Xenon will be better but price is too high. On the whole the price in India at 31k rules it out for all but the most fanatic motorola fans and the uninformed.

@RD274 - N8 has massive camera sensor not screen sensor. Its 1/1.83" to be exact , bigger than most p&s cameras btw. But then optics size do matter too..And pixon 12 & Satio are proven camera phones, dont just include motorola milestone xt720 in that league just because it has got all the ingredients. Let it prove itself first then we see. Same with N8. N8's preview photos and videos are looks just mind blowing but then I will reserve my judgement until I get my N8.

Thanks Yogi I don't quite know how I wrote screen sensor instead of camera sensor, I edited my earlier post. Tbh I don't quite like anything in the N8 besides the camera, and clearly the XT720 would be a more complete package but I only suggested it as the TC seemed to be camera-phone centric person.

Cheers

@raul: how can u even suggest Galaxy S ??? it doesn't even have a flash brother!!

@ anyone recommending Nokia! & to anyone who's even thinking of it... boyz its your hard earned money, don't waste it on a pathetic brand!! same now goes for SONY Erricson

I think they have lost all sense of making good functionality & performance, just focusing on good looks & features that are broken

my 5 year old w800 takes same pictures as the satio, what a pity...

My only hope is with this new moto XT720 android phone or iPhone 4, which I will only buy once its officially Available in October.. and thus waiting for genuine real world reviews.

mehargags said:
@raul: how can u even suggest Galaxy S ??? it doesn't even have a flash brother!!

@ anyone recommending Nokia! & to anyone who's even thinking of it... boyz its your hard earned money, don't waste it on a pathetic brand!! same now goes for SONY Erricson

I think they have lost all sense of making good functionality & performance, just focusing on good looks & features that are broken

my 5 year old w800 takes same pictures as the satio, what a pity...

My only hope is with this new moto XT720 android phone or iPhone 4, which I will only buy once its officially Available in October.. and thus waiting for genuine real world reviews.
Galaxy S does not have LED / Xenon flash, but its camera output is good even for indoor low light condition photos.

I wouldnt touch any god damn moto at the moment just because it has bigger snapper and flash even if you are looking at the phone with good camera. It has encrypted bootloader. That seriously limits what you can do with the phone in terms of custom roms and firmwares.

And unless Motorola did something drastically different with its audio output compared to original Milestone (which is unlikely as basically has same core hardware as original, but I havent used XT720 personally yet ), the audio output is no where close to something like iPhone, Galaxy S or even Desire.

^^ The audio output on the milestone?

The voice quality and the active noise cancellation on phone conversations is significantly better than any other phone I have used so far

@mehargags - If your Satio takes same quality images as W800i then there is something wrong with your Satio. At most you can say Satio takes same or better quality images as SE C905. That makes some sense but W800i , I dont think so.

Moto XT720 has only 256mb ram and has omap 3440 with cortex A8 at 720mhz only. Galaxy S has same cortex A8 at 1ghz and 512mb ram..Dont think it is worth at this price. Maybe at 22-23k ..

superczar said:
^^ The audio output on the milestone?

The voice quality and the active noise cancellation on phone conversations is significantly better than any other phone I have used so far

No doubt about it. Milestone and nexus one were the best in that regard. I am talking about output of 3.5mm headphone jack and music quality. Its very disappointing to be honest.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S using Tapatalk.

One doubt, does the Milestone xt720 come with 256 MB RAM and 550 MHz (Asian version acc. to sm) or 512 MB RAM and 720 MHz?(European version) (In some sites, it is saying 720 Mhz and 256 MB RAM; In Motorola official site, it says 256 MB RAM but the processor frequency not mentioned?)

Back