Budget 0-20k mini pc buying suggestion

sreeram180

Disciple
hi guys.i need suggestion to buy good htpc for download torrent.the system must be as small as possible
my budget:5-10k max
brands: any brand(dell,asus,zotac)mini desktop
purpose: only for torrent download or http download
conditions of product: new or used
configuration in my mind: any desktop supported window 7
1 or 2gb ram
intel atom or amd
dell zino
usb
(usb 3.0 if possible at my budget)
wifi

Amd E350 Processor+Mobo Combo DL-AHD1S-K-4.5k
Corsair 4GB DDR3 Value ram-1.2k
COOLER MASTER Elite 100 with PSU-3k
Segate 500GB HDD-3.8k[You can get 2nd hand HDD from TE market]
Hope this helps.

dell zino is it good pc?

The DELL Zino in my views is expensive and I think it has gone EoL as I do not see it listed on the DELL India site anymore.

I think you can look at the ZOTAC ZBOX but be warned that the configuration suggested by Jakob and me will cost you ~20000/- from their stable [with a very small hard-drive -- http://www.zotac.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images-SRW.tpl&product_id=334&category_id=170&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=100294&lang=un] OR invest in the Raspberry Pi [although their is a long wait list for the same].

My spin on Jakob's configuration --
AMD E-350 processor + mini-ITX motherboard from GIGABYTE / MSi ~7500/-
Corsair 4GB ValueRAM ~1300/-
Zebronics mini-ITX case + SMPS ~1500/- OR Cooler Master eLite 100 [with micro-SMPS packaged] ~3000/- [the latter option is expensive but gives you more efficient performance and lower chances of failure]
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB [64MB cache] ~5000/- [OR get a second hand hard-drive from the Member's Market]

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Amd E350 Processor+Mobo Combo DL-AHD1S-K-4.5k

Tejas, I suggest that you avoid suggesting DIGILITE components, Sorcerer has derided them for rather poor build-quality and related issues.

Here is the link --> http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cpu-motherboards/158011-about-digilite-motherboards.html#post1708305.

Thanks for the info,Had few doubts myself but this would go 5k off op's budget hope he will extent his budget.
The DELL Zino in my views is expensive and I think it has gone EoL as I do not see it listed on the DELL India site anymore.

I think you can look at the ZOTAC ZBOX but be warned that the configuration suggested by Jakob and me will cost you ~20000/- from their stable [with a very small hard-drive -- ZOTAC - It's time to play! - ZBOX AD02 PLUS] OR invest in the Raspberry Pi [although their is a long wait list for the same].

My spin on Jakob's configuration --
AMD E-350 processor + mini-ITX motherboard from GIGABYTE / MSi ~7500/-
Corsair 4GB ValueRAM ~1300/-
Zebronics mini-ITX case + SMPS ~1500/- OR Cooler Master eLite 100 [with micro-SMPS packaged] ~3000/- [the latter option is expensive but gives you more efficient performance and lower chances of failure]
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB [64MB cache] ~5000/- [OR get a second hand hard-drive from the Member's Market]

Tejas, I suggest that you avoid suggesting DIGILITE components, Sorcerer has derided them for rather poor build-quality and related issues.

Here is the link --> About Digilite Motherboards - Digit Technology Discussion Forum.

thank guys. i required pc only for download torrent and watching FULLHD movie in 5.1 audio(some time).i try to download in NAS ,ANDROID,
but downloading speed is very less ,i tryed in window 7 .its using total speed to download same file.i decided to get mini pc .

DEll zino (single core) availible for 11k in my palce . is it possible to upgrade dual core?

is it possible to run window 7 in single core atom process ?

i don't required any HDD .i am thinking to add 30gb SSD.to make fast ?

cpu+mobo is very high price .any other combo for low price?

my last rig----9k(new)
asus m88 AMD
AMD phenom II x2
500 gb HDD
2gb ram
zebroinc cabinet

@sreeram180 the best configuration in the light of your needs is the Raspberry Pi, you can order it from here -- Raspberry Pi at element14. It will do everything that you need and more.

On top of all this it costs a whole lot less and hogs a fraction of the power of its competition OR if you need a full PC then this is the configuration I suggest --
Intel G620 ~3500/-
Intel DH61-WW ~3000/-
Corsair ValueRAM 1 x2GB ~800/-
Zebronics cabinet + SMPS ~1200/-

Last edited by a moderator:
links

sreeram180 the best configuration in the light of your needs is the Raspberry Pi, you can order it from here -- Raspberry Pi at element14. It will do everything that you need and more.

On top of all this it costs a whole lot less and hogs a fraction of the power of its competition OR if you need a full PC then this is the configuration I suggest --
Intel G620 ~3500/-
Intel DH61-WW ~3000/-
Corsair ValueRAM 1 x2GB ~800/-
Zebronics cabinet + SMPS ~1200/-

can plz provide me link to buy cpu & mobo?

min itx cabinet is availible in india?

4 options --

Cooler Master eLite 100 ~3000/- [comes with a pico-SMPS ~150W] OR 120 ~[no idea on availability, tagging @Coolermaster rep, does not bundle a SMPS]
Bit Fenix Prodigy ~5500/- [slick looking mini-ITX cabinet, minus the SMPS]
Silverstone ~4000/- -->35000/- [most expansive list of mini-ITX cabinets in India, offered by Prime ABGB --> PC Cases in India | Buy PC Cases Online at cheap Price, again you need to shell extra for the SMPS]
Zebronics cheapo stuff ~1500/-

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello There,

The first batch of Elite 120 just arrived. This chassis takes standard components, so if you have an old PSU lying somewhere you can simply use that. Also no need for slot CD-ROM drives, an old drive should be good enough. Elite 100 has been phased out.

More information here: [Link]

Nice large images on our FB page: [Link]

This is the first batch hence limited numbers. Please call Avinash Singh, +91 956045 5706. He will help you.

Cheers!

Sanket

Hello There,

The first batch of Elite 120 just arrived. This chassis takes standard components, so if you have an old PSU lying somewhere you can simply use that. Also no need for slot CD-ROM drives, an old drive should be good enough. Elite 100 has been phased out.

More information here: [Link]

Nice large images on our FB page: [Link]

This is the first batch hence limited numbers. Please call Avinash Singh, +91 956045 5706. He will help you.

Cheers!

Sanket

This case looks real good. Waiting to see some reviews though.

EDIT:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6110/...nced-case-review-little-in-almost-every-way/2

Back