mobile advice

Safin

Skilled
guys looking for a mobile..
here is what i ideally am looking for
1) a bit bigger screen :p primarily to browse
2) camera doesn't matter. anything decent is ok
3) ditto for music. got ipod for that. so even if the sound quality is down its ok.
4) budget, about 12K although i can increase it a bit if its worth it.

now i have no idea about the latest prices so give prices also when you suggest.

how about this though(can't trust baazee guys though :eek:hyeah: )
eBay India: HP 6365,WI-FI,PDA,TOUCHSCREEN,WINDOWS OS,HUGE SCR,CAMER (item 120025542370 end time 31-Aug-2006 08:50:54 IST)

If you read Mumbai Mirror Regularly, you'll know they have a Special Offer on a daily basis on different items. It's called "deals4all" or something.

THey had the Hp 6365 for sale recently for around 17K - Brand New. I went to their HQ (It's like 15 mins from my place) and they said they'd be promoting the same item again, real soon.

I suggest you wait for that, if you get Mumbai Mirror that is, or if you know someone locally who can purchase it for ya.

They include a thumb keyboard too. Takes 'em bout 2 weeks to deliver though :(

hmm....have u given.. a tht for nokia 6270...its a good phone..but u may have to stretch u r budget a little..costs arnd 14k..

6270..is rocking phone...i can assure..u tht u will love it if u buy..as i own one..!! but the thing is u wont,,find many applications for the mobile as it is based on S40 platform.. so only java games/software..the speakers and cam is good !!

but 6280..does not have dual spkrs..like 6270..and is not tht good...in sound.and all..but u can settle with any one of these..6270 /6280...

the mrkt price is somewhere around 14 k for 6270..and 1-2 k plus for 6280....

If you want browsing and big screen together then you should consider symbian phones. I suggest n71 with 2.4 qvga screen and great browser based on safari core . .
But it is a bit steep at 19k

how about the nokia 6708?..my friend managed to source it for 14k here in the grey mkt and its an awesome business fone imho. Its for 17k at the priority showrooms.

an excellent phone that(6708)

the only trouble no radio and usb 1.1 :S

plus lots of compalints that there is not sufficient SW for the symbian OS 7.0 :S

too steep no?

actually 3250 is ok, i can tolerate the swivel but it turns out that it has this problem

The Web browser is disappointing. It doesn’t force pages into the screen width, so there’s often a lot of horizontal scrolling to be done. I know that Web pages aren’t designed for 176 x 208 pixel screens, but on the other hand, horizontal scrolling on a small screen is, putting it mildly, a nuisance.

The browser redeems itself by offering a miniaturised view of an entire Web page and allowing you to choose an area to zoom into, which makes general navigation a bit easier, and by offering a mini cursor which makes pinpointing links easy, but scrolling madly left and right to read a TrustedReviews review, for example, is no fun at all.

TrustedReviews - Nokia N91 4GB Mobile Phone

and thats replicated on 3250

TrustedReviews - Nokia 3250

Back