Mobile Phone - 7/8k

Hello guys,

Soi sold my old phones finally and I need a new phone.
Budge: 7/8k - could possibly go up but preferably not.

All I need the phone is to access the Internet, twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp and maybe Viber (least important).

I don't care what operating system it is and I don't really care about any other features,if it runs the above fine enough, that's good.

Bring on the suggestions.

Thanks,
Crazysah

HTC Explorer ~ 8.5k
Would satisfy all your requirements. Looks pretty decent too.
if you want a qwerty keyboard, you can look at LG Optimus Pro C660 ~8.5k. Slightly inferior specs but comes with a full qwerty keyboard for easy typing.

HTC Explorer sounds good but if I can't stretch my budget?

And does the HTC Explorer run fine?

It's 8k tradus.in, and you might easily find a 200 bucks voucher.
This is the only phone in this price range that can play flash content, but it is low in memory for too many apps out of the box. Not a problem of you can root it.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2

You can get the HTC Explorer for Rs.8,099 from sulekha or Rs.7,999 from Buytheprice (discount once you add to cart)
Its the best phone in that budget. Go for it.

HTC Explorer - Buy Online in India for Rs.8,499 as on 20th May 2012 - Price, Features, Reviews, Specifications, Photos, Videos | BuyThePrice.com
HTC Explorer - Sulekha Deals
  • The HTC explorer is the best handset in this range with a snappy 600MHz Cortex A5 processor.
  • The processor has flash support and with an enhanced Adreno 200 GPU it lets you play games like Temple run and supports flash games. No other phone in this range has flash support.
Pros:
  • Qualcomm MSM7227A Snapdragon CPU 600 MHz Cortex A5 + Enhanced Adreno 200
  • 512MB RAM
  • HSDPA 14.4 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps
  • 320 x 480 pixels, 3.2 inches (~180 ppi pixel density) screen
Cons:
  • 90 MB internal storage
  • Fixed-focus camera

And if I stretch my budget to 8.5k/9k? Can I get something better than the explorer? What's the best Nokia phone in this price range?
I don't care about watching videos at all really.

And if I stretch my budget to 8.5k/9k? Can I get something better than the explorer? What's the best Nokia phone in this price range?
I don't care about watching videos at all really.

Nothing better in that range.
Nokia 500 - White - Sulekha Deals -> Rs.8,799

You will be stuck with Symbian Belle IINM. Though you get a higher resolution nHD 3.2" capacitive display.
It has a 1GHz ARM11 processor and 256MB RAM which should be sufficient enough for Symbian OS.
Nokia 500 review: In search of Anna - GSMArena.com
Nokia 500 - Full phone specifications

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

But the explorer is better than the Nokia 500.

That website is just comparing the specs with no analysis for a user, please avoid posting such links for comparison.
The motorola fire XT has a older processor and its front cam would be useless as very few apps support such a niche low end device.

The HTC explorer has a much more powerful processor. PROOF - it can play 3D games and flash.
Motorola fire XT CANT PLAY FLASH CONTENT.

GET THE HTC EXPLORER.

That website is just comparing the specs with no analysis for a user, please avoid posting such links for comparison.
The motorola fire XT has a older processor and its front cam would be useless as very few apps support such a niche low end device.

The HTC explorer has a much more powerful processor. PROOF - it can play 3D games and flash.

GET THE HTC EXPLORER.

I had given this link just to show the comparison among the phones. This site is giving its ratings & points as the site feels among the compared phones. Rest depends on the users.

GET THE HTC EXPLORER.

So this can play Temple Run and other 3D games without stuttering?

Back