Mobo for Ryzen 3700X - Future Proofing

You don't need to do much to see how much more CPU crappy realtek lan drivers are. Just run iperf3 in udp with 10G as the speed (so theoretically there are no software bottlenecks). In my personal tests, I see the realtek lan eat around 12-15% CPU vs Intel eating around 3-5% when the throughput is maxed out. The receiver in either case is a cavium soc based Ubiquiti Edgerouter 4 which is connected to a cisco layer 3 switch (my home network). The funny part is the CPU on the board with intel LAN is a low voltage laptop class (i3 8109u) CPU while the realtek has a ryzen 1700. Inspite of this, I see higher CPU utilization on the realtek based system.

The problem is lower priced boards that use 887/892 don't have proper audio isolation and are noisy. The higher end ones with 1220 chips have properly implemented analog outs.
Mate, you are arguing my point for me. The reason why you had to mention the networking hardware is exactly what goes for the audio codecs. The biggest factor when it comes to sweetest perf is not the ethernet/codec in itself the but the hardware thats attached to it and the purpose its being used for. Please read my earlier post again.
Now coming to the thoroughput, If I remember correctly then the Realtek 8125 in the B550m is 2.5G while the Intel one in the Pro Carbon AC is limited at 1G.
And yeah the CPU usage thing has been there since quite a while. Hopefully it will get rectified with these new 2.5GbE nics. And if everything fails then there is always Linux. I heard that the 8125G's wil get support with the 5.9 kernel.
Post automatically merged:

Thanks for the response guys. Decided on Aorus Pro AC. Getting it for around 17.4k from pcstudio. Can anyone recommend a good not-so-expensive cooler to go with 3700X? Ambient temps where I am are around 28-35 C. My 2600X used to be on a constant 50+ when idle.
How is Arctic Freezer ? Heard good things about it, not sure about the support and warranty in India.
The stock cooler will be good enough if you use a ceiling fan in your room. But, If noise is an issue, then, yeah that AIO has got some amazing reviews. They seem to have recently found a distributor in our country. Why not contact them on their Arctic India FB page, maybe you will get some help.
https://www.facebook.com/arcticin/

Btw it might seem as if some people including me have hijacked your thread to kill some time on a slow weekend. Hopefully all that wasnt much of a bother :p

Last edited:
Mate, you are arguing my point for me. The reason why you had to mention the networking hardware is exactly what goes for the audio codecs. The biggest factor when it comes to sweetest perf is not the ethernet/codec in itself the but the hardware thats attached to it and the purpose its being used for. Please read my earlier post again.
Now coming to the thoroughput, If I remember correctly then the Realtek 8125 in the B550m is 2.5G while the Intel one in the Pro Carbon AC is limited at 1G.
And yeah the CPU usage thing has been there since quite a while. Hopefully it will get rectified with these new 2.5GbE nics. And if everything fails then there is always Linux. I heard that the 8125G's wil get support with the 5.9 kernel.
Post automatically merged:

The stock cooler will be good enough if you use a ceiling fan in your room. But, If noise is an issue, then, yeah that AIO has got some amazing reviews. They seem to have recently found a distributor in our country. Why not contact them on their Arctic India FB page, maybe you will get some help.
https://www.facebook.com/arcticin/

Btw it might seem as if some people including me have hijacked your thread to kill some time on a slow weekend. Hopefully all that wasnt much of a bother :p
Hey, thanks for the FB. Didn't know reaper group is a distributor for arctic as well. Saw a Freezer II on Amazon india for like 9k last week, but did not purchase it. MD Computers had it but is out of stock there. I have messaged them, let's see. If not for Freezer, I have my eyes on either Corsair H100i or H115i Platinum.

And, never mind, hijack it all you want. Learnt a thing or two myself! Cheers!

Back