OC & Modding Mod ur A8N-E to A8N-E SLi [Now ASUS can also do this]

Hmmm....3 slots...u get SLI bridges that are 3 slots wide??? most of the SLI are only 2 slots wide.....

SunMysore posted 1.05 minutes later:

@rocky : wne u mod the DFI nf4 ultra into SLI, the first card will run at 16x, second will run at 4X :p (even tho it has a 16x slot :p )

Last edited by a moderator:
SunMysore said:
Hmmm....3 slots...u get SLI bridges that are 3 slots wide??? most of the SLI are only 2 slots wide.....

Search TE for a Flexi Bridge..... :cool2:
Me too thot tht but remembered tht, but thinkin tht too was kindda a lil more than 2 slots wide as all explained tht all boards dont hav the same distance between the 2 slots.
SunMysore said:
SunMysore posted 1.05 minutes later:

@rocky : wne u mod the DFI nf4 ultra into SLI, the first card will run at 16x, second will run at 4X :p (even tho it has a 16x slot :p )

How bout 8x & 8x:tongue:

Knw Masky took HIS board bak......so u didnt get time enuff to get aquainted to it :tongue: :cool2:

Last edited by a moderator:
anishcool said:
Mods please close this topic, it really is turning into lot of confusion, and it will soon turn into pure spam...

worry not my friend.. we are all here to clear up ur confusion and to see that spam is kept in check..

TheMask posted 0.73 minutes later:

Chaos said:
SLi bridges are pretty easy to get now... cost around 10$ :p

get me the bridge n a XFX 6600GT n i'll give it a shot on my board.. :eek:hyeah:

But the drivers sre coded to make 2 X16 cards run in SLI. So if one card is bandwith restricted it will cause lockups in games ...

Well A8N-E isn't really a board anyone will use for SLi. The effort is not worth the final result. The DFI Ultra-D is a perfect candidate on the other hand as it has two x16 electrical slots which can be modded to run x8 each i.e. in proper SLI mode.

^^^ it hasnt..AT has succesfully run games n benchies on a DFI nf4 ultra, one card in 16x, another in 4X

^^ i dont think even the 1 u posted(arent both same ;) ) works for Asus mobos...
BTW v get the Tyan ones:) not sure thou ;)

But how bout the Flexi-Bridges

Guys... AFAIK the Bridge is supposed to connect two cards... So mobo manufacturer shouldnt count at all.... The connector dosent come in contact with mobo at any time so why shouldnt it work...

Am guessing the distance between the 2 x16 slots is diff on sme mobos ;)
me too didnt knw tht smetme ago whn i got introduced to flexi-bridge :p

Am very sorry to resurrect this old is gold thread..

But i wonder y this thread has ended w/o a climax.. Did any one try this mod ? or Anyone succeeded with this wonderful mode ?? I jus wonder coz i too hav the same board..

and ony one can help me with this , it would be really apreciated !!

-JMD ||

The experiments have been clearly done on A8N-E-SLI and not A8N-E

-.- Dont ressurect this old thread as there are cards today that can get you better than dual cards perf.

-.- Dont ressurect this old thread as there are cards today that can get you better than dual cards perf.

ultimabasher said:

Iam sorry .., what do u mean by ' these experiments have been clearly done on A8N-SLI ?' on an already SLI enabled board. i think this mode was to enable SLI on a non-SLI board i.e basically an Asus A8NE which i have now at the moment. Iam aware that more challenging grpahic cards are available today. But thats not the point. The point is how can i make my Non-SLI mobo SLI capable.

So if any one out there have succeeded with it, i apreciate if u share it..

Cheers :cheers:

Back