Money or Peace of Mind ?

Given a choice between 'Money' and 'Peace of mind' what would you choose..

• Total voters
Hmmm..good point.
Lots of money - more than what you need.
Would enable you to travel,go for adventurous activities,go for holidays,etc if you want to.
Range - 7 LPA or more ...so averaging 50000 PER MONTH or More.
It's a subjective statement - Define what lots of money means :p

Hmmm..good point.
Lots of money - more than what you need.
Would enable you to travel,go for adventurous activities,go for holidays,etc if you want to.
Range - 7 LPA or more ...so averaging 50000 PER MONTH or More.

7L PA?? Traveling/Adventure is an expensive hobby m8! 50K pm would get you nothing, unless you are planning to visit once an year - which is called vacation. The *more* should be a "lot more"!

If the Money is 5lac yearly so it is possible to have peace of mind but if the expenses are 1lac per months and earning are 20000/- so where will the peace of mind go?

Last edited by a moderator:
For me, I feel 50k is enough only for bare necessities. May not even cover finer things in life forget about luxuries. But it totally depends on what your needs are. But peace of mind is priceless, provided you have enough money.

@All : kindly add your : profession/field/designation,years of experience when you mention your salary so we get an idea of your efforts and lifestyle :p

Now specific replies :
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A middle class guy earns 50K PM?
What would be the age and professions/years of experience that attracts this much salary? o_O
50k per month is very rich? o_O
Thats like middle class.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmmm..true to an extent since Travel and Adventure needs ₹₹₹₹₹ and time.
What salary range/savings/monthly income would you estimate for a single guy to have such a life in his 20s?
7L PA?? Traveling/Adventure is an expensive hobby m8! 50K pm would get you nothing, unless you are planning to visit once an year - which is called vacation. The *more* should be a "lot more"!
Assume i have my own house,food covered.
What luxuries would you recommend to enrich my life experiences like travel and how much more (minimum or range of salary) would that cost?
i think 50k per month will be much more than enough to full fill all your wishes, but not luxury :) (provided that you have your own house :))
Yes...i think we all have the ability to control our spending much more than our earning on average.
Lifestyle can remain the same as our exponentially increase and then we can enjoy and take care of our health,fmly in our 30s,40s+.
If the Money is 5lac yearly so it is possible to have peace of mind but if the expenses are 1lac per months and earning are 20000/- so where will the peace of mind go?
Please share how the 50K goes for bare necessities?
I am a fresh grad and 50K sounds like a crazy good amount and you seem to have a different view.
I assume you are experienced,pay rent and spend on travel to work..what else for 50k? :)
For me, I feel 50k is enough only for bare necessities. May not even cover finer things in life forget about luxuries. But it totally depends on what your needs are. But peace of mind is priceless, provided you have enough money.

I am a married man with kid and paying a home loan as well. So 50k is not so great in my kind of scenario. But I agree if I were single, without any loan, 50k would last 2 months at least.

Last edited:
I am a married man with kid and paying a home loan as well. So 50k is not so great in my kind of scenario. But I agree if I were single, without any loan, 50k would last 2 months at least.
50K for 2 month ??? where are living my friend.
single = more expenses, ( gf, etc you know), wife keeps things under control. ;)

My Earning is 12000/- and expense on Doctors Monthly is 2000-3000 and remaining goes in billing and end the bankers and lawyer are behind me for loan taken so where will be the XXX peace of mind go .

Its like today i use 5k costing smart phone but tomorrow when i well earn well, i wont hesitate buying a 70k phone also [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

My idea is very simple..

Too much or too less of anything is not good.. Either it's money or Peace of mind or anything else for that matter.

Life's about a perfect balance, I'm particularly happy when something is just enough...

Back