PC Peripherals Monitor, keyboard and mouse not starting

Hi friends

I have a quadcore with 785g mibo, a del monitor, 4gb ddr3 ram etc.

Since yesterday my PC is starting but my keyboard and mouse are not starting at all but my monitor starts and shuts down.

What could be the error and how to repair it?

Regards

Hi friends

I have a quadcore with 785g mibo, a del monitor, 4gb ddr3 ram etc.

Since yesterday my PC is starting but my keyboard and mouse are not starting at all but my monitor starts and shuts down.

What could be the error and how to repair it?

Regards

I cleaned all the parts of CPU and restarted it but the problem war still there.

Has the mono gone kapoot?

Does your PC work, even when monitor shuts down? Meaning to say, do the lights on the CPU glow and work, and does hard drive show activity? If monitor isn't working, how do you know if mouse and keyboard are working or not, because you won't be able to see them working, right?

Does your PC work, even when monitor shuts down? Meaning to say, do the lights on the CPU glow and work, and does hard drive show activity? If monitor isn't working, how do you know if mouse and keyboard are working or not, because you won't be able to see them working, right?

Yes, the PC is working even when nothing other is starting. Its light is glowing and mouse and keyboard lights are off.

Do you hear any beeps during the start or continously? It's likely that the mobo is gone and it will require sequential check with barebone startup. If you are not sure how to do it get your friend who know about it or take it to any computer shop.

It's likely that a hardware component, like RAM, or something else has gone bad. If you aren't experienced enough, I suggest that you should take the PC to a computer repair shop.

It's likely that a hardware component, like RAM, or something else has gone bad. If you aren't experienced enough, I suggest that you should take the PC to a computer repair shop.

I think it could be mobo as none of the USB attached to it are working. Looks it is not able to send electricity to the usbs.[DOUBLEPOST=1522576428][/DOUBLEPOST]

Does the monitor don't start even when ram goes kapoot?[DOUBLEPOST=1522576497][/DOUBLEPOST]I have taken out the mobo and will get it checked in a day or so.[DOUBLEPOST=1522576561][/DOUBLEPOST]Meanwhile I will get the ram checked in my office

Last edited:
Does the monitor don't start even when ram goes kapoot?

There will sometimes be no display if the Ram is fried. There should ideally be at least the bios screen showing. If that is not showing either, then, like you said, it could be the motherboard or if you have one, a GFX card.

It's obvious that you have little knowledge about this stuff, and yet you are trying to deduce stuff. Please leave it for others to decide, who have more knowledge.

As you said, even the BIOS screen is not coming up.. so if the BIOS screen does not come up, and various hardware won't be detected by the PC, then how will keyboard and mouse work? That is why the monitor also isn't working... means there is something wrong with the hardware. It could be a bunch of issues.

You should have taken the whole computer to a repair shop, rather than taking out the motherboard yourself.

Simple thing to do would have been to take out the connections, and RAM, and then re-seat the RAM, and do connections again... maybe PC would have worked.

Now you will get the motherboard and RAM checked separately. Would have been better if the whole setup was checked at one place by a knowledgeable person.

Anyways, good luck.

It's obvious that you have little knowledge about this stuff, and yet you are trying to deduce stuff. Please leave it for others to decide, who have more knowledge
Nothing wrong with trying to find out what is wrong, most computer related problems can we solved on our own if hardware is working.
Computer hardware guys are sketchy as ****(atleast in delhi) and will charge minimum Rs100 for just opening your computer.

Yes, there is nothing wrong in trying to find out what is wrong, but again, you have to have some amount of knowledge as to what you are doing. If not, you might cause more harm, apart from wasting time and energy. In such cases, it's better to ask for help.

Just a few days ago, I came across a thread on another forum, where the guy said that since he couldn't uninstall a software, he just deleted all the files that he could find on the computer for that software, and even ran registry cleaner. That was obviously the wrong thing to do. He then even posted about this in the forum, in case it helped someone else.

All he had to do was quit the software from the system tray, and the software would have uninstalled just fine, and he wouldnt have to risk his PC running registry cleaner, and deleting files which is a wrong way to remove a software. If he had posted about the issue beforehand, he would have got the solution, which was really very simple.

Have seen many other cases too.

And yes, it's the same about computer shops everywhere. Here too it's the same. It's the same in other fields too. They just want money.

Thanks for the info. I gor the ram checked as suggested and the ram has gone bad. It is a corsair xms3 ram. I am unable to find its bill.

Can anyone tell if I can still claim its warranty, if yes, how?

I am living in new Delhi.

Regards

Thanks for the info. I gor the ram checked as suggested and the ram has gone bad. It is a corsair xms3 ram. I am unable to find its bill.

Can anyone tell if I can still claim its warranty, if yes, how?

I am living in new Delhi.

Regards
Corsair has atleast 10 years of warranty but they do require receipt. If you ordred the ram online then you can sign in and get print of the bill, if not then I'm not sure if they will replace it.
Requiring receipt is a tactic that companies use to avoid spending money even if the product was launched within warranty period.

Corsair has atleast 10 years of warranty but they do require receipt. If you ordred the ram online then you can sign in and get print of the bill, if not then I'm not sure if they will replace it.
Requiring receipt is a tactic that companies use to avoid spending money even if the product was launched within warranty period.

If the co has online warranty checking system then I think they will approve it as I can get the print from their site and I think it will work as a proof of warranty.

Back