Monitors Monitor suggestion under 20k

meet6600

Adept
Hello,

My Dell S2209W is giving me some issues (power button on the front not working and it doesn't power on unless I disconnect/reconnect the power cable multiple times). Need suggestion for a new 22-24" for movies, work and occasional gaming. My rig is as follows:

Intel Core i5 4440, 16 GB DDR3, Asus H87 Pro, 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1 TB WD Black, Asus GTX 960 2 GB, Corsair AX860 with a Carbide 500R and Logitech G400 with Razer Lycosa KB

I would suggest these monitors (click on each "link" to see details):

LG 25 inch ultrawide 2560x1080 IPS Panel - Link. Good reviews, almost 2k resolution, great for productivity, great for gaming, movies etc.
Samsung 24 inch curved monitor - VA Panel - Link 1800R curve, freesync, high contrast ratio, good viewing angles
LG 24 inch FHD monitor - Freesync - IPS Panel - 5 ms response time - can be changed to 1 ms - 75 Hz - Link Great monitor that I am using currently. 1 ms response time is a gimmick. But games look awesome by default. Great for productivity and movies. Did I say 75 Hz? However, my monitor developed backlight bleeding at the top. Its not intrusive and is visible when the screen is black but its okay for me. Do not buy if you think that will bother you. For me, the selling point was 75 Hz and IPS screen.

Let me know if you need 144 Hz monitor or something. They will cost upwards of 25k.

@atiamd, Thanks so much for the response. My usage doesn't warrant anything beyond 20k so I am ok with options below it. The Dell one has served nicely from past 8 years so I was wondering if any suggestion from Dell if applicable?

The monitors that I listed will also serve you for a long long time. If you are worried about the quality, please let it off your mind as the above monitors are best of best quality and reliability wise. If I were you, I would blindly go for the LG ultra wide monitor that I linked above. You should watch some reviews on youtube and read up some on reputable tech sites such as linustechtips, toms, bit tech, hardware canucks etc. You will be surprised by learning how much tech has changed in monitors in 8 years. I went from a samsung 2233sw that I bought back in 2009 to LG 24 inch IPS that I bought a couple of months ago and the difference is night and day even though the LG monitor is not top of the line.

I am not familiar with Dell monitors anymore, but will try to find some for you. Allow me some time.

The LG 25" UW has received too many user complaints on Amazon.

I too am thinking about making the move to Ultra Wide; unfortunately everything other than LG is too expensive.

Back