Budget 0-20k Monitor upgrade 144hz

Discussion in 'PC Buying Advice' started by Kenshin_Himura, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Kenshin_Himura

Disciple

I've been pretty satisfied with my current monitor till I got more competitive in a couple of online FPS games. Been hearing a lot 144hz can make a lot of difference over 60. Currently I'm on a 23 inch monitor so I don't want the next monitor to be smaller than that.

Back when I purchased my current monitor I was still studying and I prioritized on color accuracy, and was mostly playing single players so I just went along with the tearing issues. Though I still do work on my pc, gaming is what I do most these days so the refresh rate is the priority now.
    Besides, my current monitor started having some bleeding, and sometimes it takes time to turn on and stuff so I guess its time I go for an upgrade.
    1. What is your budget?
      • 20K (can go up slightly more, and definitely lower)
    2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
      • CPU - Intel i7 6600k
      • Motherboard - Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
      • GPU - Zotac Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB DDR5
      • RAM - Kingston HyperXFury - 8gbx2
      • Monitor - Dell u2312hm
      • PSU - Seasonic 520W PSU
    3. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
      • Monitor
    4. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
      • Open to online purchase
      • Kerala - Kochi/Kottayam
    5. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
      • No
    6. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
      • Gaming
      • Image editing
      • Browsing
      • Movies
    7. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
      • None
    8. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
      • Apex Legends
      • Overwatch
    9. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
      1. Gaming - 1920x1080 (1440p if it does not hinder with FPS much)
      2. Desktop - 1920x1080

2. psybronik

psybronik Active Member
    Disciple

i have the same config.... been looking for a good 144hz monitor. one i shortlisted is Asus VG258Q but unfortunately its not available here.

this is one of those monitor which has Freesync tested by Nvidia and if you have a 10xx & 20xx series GPU, you can take advantage of Freesync with your Nvidia GPU (i will be getting an rtx 2070 soon)

3. vyral_143

vyral_143 Jarvis
    Section Mod

I think above linked Acer one is not 144Hz display.

4. OP
    OP
    Kenshin_Himura

Disciple

Seems most of the 144hz in this price range does not have an IPS panel and color accuracy is an issue on these :\

5. Marcus Fenix

Marcus Fenix Well-Known Member
    Adept

6. AMG

AMG Just another poor guy
    Veteran

What games do you play, and at what rank?

7. Marcus Fenix

Marcus Fenix Well-Known Member
    Adept

I play single player games only now. Recently I finished Far Cry New Dawn and Metro Exodus.

I don't play multiplayer games anymore as they suck up too much time and I daresay I was addicted 4-5 years back.